2020 F250- 7.3 gas engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 F250- 7.3 gas engine

Anyone ordered or received a a new one??
    Would love to hear some real life info on that engine.
    Thinking of selling my 6.7 diesel and going this route.

Can't imagine the gas bill.

Comment

Wish it was the old diesel. LOL

Comment

Have heard a little bit on it and mileage not supposed to be that bad and when you factor cost of DEF and higher diesel cost and increased maintenance and problems I bet it’s comes out much cheaper. Waiting to here real world info though. Tuned in.

Comment

I am interested to hear how people like it and what it gets for MPG. You can buy a bunch of gas for the price of a diesel option that is for sure. At this point in my life I would like a higher trim truck with a gas motor than a middle of the road trim with the diesel. With all that said........ the power in the diesels is intoxicating.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
            Can't imagine the gas bill.
            It has to be better than my '15 F250 6.7 Monthly Diesel Bill! I can't seem to get better than 12.5 mpg average daily driving. Factor in the $.40/gallon cheaper fuel costs and I guarantee the fuel savings is there by going gas 7.3v8 over the 6.7 Diesel.

Comment

I keep waiting the TFL guys to put it through the IKE challenge and post up the real world numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                Wish it was the old diesel. LOL
                The 6.7 stands heads and shoulders over the 7.3. Reliability, maintenance cost, horsepower, fuel mileage. I have one 7.3 in a fleet of 11 6.7 Powerstrokes and that thing is always getting worked on, leaks everywhere and needs to be babied. I love my 6.7. I don't know how anyone would be able to afford fuel in that 7.3 gasser. I have three 19 F250 with the 6.2's and they are lucky to get 12mpg on the highway.

Comment

I have a 2017 F350 CCSB 4x4 with the 6.2 gas engine. At 37,000 miles on the odometer, I have gotten 12.3 mpg combined life to date. I use fuelly dot com rather than relying on my lieometer in the truck. That includes hauling a slide in truck camper and pulling an ATV trailer. I am not dissatisfied at all with the mileage considering it has the aerodynamics of the brick going down the road and is a one ton truck.
                  I have heard the 7.3 is supposed to get better mileage than the 6.2 when mated with the 10 speed transmission. I suspect it will be a heck of an engine and transmission combination and look forward to seeing how it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                    Have heard a little bit on it and mileage not supposed to be that bad and when you factor cost of DEF and higher diesel cost and increased maintenance and problems I bet it’s comes out much cheaper. Waiting to here real world info though. Tuned in.
                    Not to mention the 8-10k upgrade for a Diesel engine.

Comment

I’d like to see this one make it into production

Comment

Customer bought one and I got to drive it a few miles. Pretty impressive and the 10 speed really helps with the power band. Just wondering how much longer before you see factory gas 3/4 tons with a turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                          http://youtu.be/UxON-HIlz5E

I’d like to see this one make it into production
                          That's impressive. To think that technology has been around since ww2... and the holdback is emissions?

Overall, it's hard to beat a American made v8 gasser. They are just extremely well engineered and efficient at this point in engine history.

Comment

5 star tuning has 2 of them.
                            One with ~4.30 gears
                            And one with 3.55 gears

I was reading yesterday where they posted mid 15mpg’s doing 65 with the 4.3 gears (the tremor model with bigger wheels and tires. )

They posted some dyno pulls too.
                            Not awesomely impressive, but Ford is selling it as a motor with longevity, not a gas powered engine with diesel numbers.

I’m really interested in this option as well. Gonna go drool on some new paint at the auto show in Houston this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                              5 star tuning has 2 of them.
                              One with ~4.30 gears
                              And one with 3.55 gears

I was reading yesterday where they posted mid 15mpg’s doing 65 with the 4.3 gears (the tremor model with bigger wheels and tires. )

They posted some dyno pulls too.
                              Not awesomely impressive, but Ford is selling it as a motor with longevity, not a gas powered engine with diesel numbers.

I’m really interested in this option as well. Gonna go drool on some new paint at the auto show in Houston this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Just diggin around on youtube and I saw a video where a guy filled one up, drove it 23 miles down the interstate at 70mph and then filled it back up. It took 1.13 gallons to fill it back up. 23/1.13.....that's over 20 mpg. While I don't think that is much of a real test it isn't bad either. I believe it had the 3.55 gears.

Comment

Working...
                              X