Elk hunting recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk hunting recommendations

I’m looking recommendations on an elk trip for three people. Any outfitters y’all have had good luck with would be greatly appreciated. It will be the first elk hunt for all three of us. Not too concerned about which state. Just looking for the best experience we can get. Looking to book for next year.

Thanks y’all

Really depends on what you are looking for:
    Archery or rifle?
    Budget?
    Looking for a legitimate chance at trophy bulls or more interested in an almost guaranteed animal but maybe not high end trophy?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. We are looking for a rifle hunt. Not necessarily a trophy hunt but would definitely prefer horns. Looking at spending in the 3k per price range.

Comment

I don't think you're going to get anything with horns guided for $3k. Maybe a DIY drop camp or something.
        Go OTC or plan to spend $5k.
        Last edited by meltingfeather; 12-18-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

H&A outfitters in New Mexico
          They do some rifle hunts in northern NM every year that produce
          top notch people to deal with and are 100% dedicated
          505-474-6959

Comment

Originally posted by C R Cox View Post
            H&A outfitters in New Mexico
            They do some rifle hunts in northern NM every year that produce
            top notch people to deal with and are 100% dedicated
            505-474-6959
            Thanks I will check them out

Comment

Are wanting guided or a DIY hunt? plenty of DIY options for your price range. If you want a DIY I can give you a few options. Don't be afraid of DIY for your first hunt. I went on my 1st elk hunt archery DIY and got a 6x6. Had a few other opportunities too.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mills Wilderness Adventures out of Augusta Montana. Great guys and a true horseback elk hunt.

Comment

Brunner and his dad went to Broadmouth mountain and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Brunner and his dad went to Broadmouth mountain and loved it.

Yes. My son and I absolutely loved it. Loved it so much, got my orthopedic surgeon that did my hip replacement, looking at going next year.

Comment

X2 on first time drop camp. I’ve been told by several people to go that route. My dad, brother and I are doing diy drop camp in Colorado 2020 season if we get drawn. Guy gives us a map and says elk have been here lol. then if you shoot the guys help pack it out. Set the whole camp up with everything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by bassassassin View Post
                          I’m looking recommendations on an elk trip for three people. Any outfitters y’all have had good luck with would be greatly appreciated. It will be the first elk hunt for all three of us. Not too concerned about which state. Just looking for the best experience we can get. Looking to book for next year.

Thanks y’all
                          I've got the place if your in for rifle. Now he is selling the place but I've been there 2 out of 3 yrs. I actually posted a elk hunt I went on at this place on TBH. I can send you pics of both hunts. 3 of us went in 2017 and 2019 and we all tagged out. This season was the toughest. You will see over 200 elk during the week. This place is unbelievable but it's still a hunt. The average bull is around 240. But you can kill one up to 300. Depending on when you go. I will highly recommend this place and the price is right. $3500 plus a cabin to stay in. Pm me if you would like more info.

Comment

Following this one

Comment

Following too

Comment

Working...
                              X