No announcement yet.

Austin area Saddle hunt meetup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just putting guys with questions together with other guys who have the same and maybe some different questions.

Team practice. Anyone can join really. Even antler collectors. Lonewolfs, XOPs, maybe even climbers, but mostly for those of use who are new to the saddle world and those who want to see or try a saddle prior to purchasing.

Comment

I started saddle hunting this year. I'd be happy to show what I know and would dig learning from others.
      I use the homemade Sit Drag style saddle that Greg from Tethrd started out with. But with a rock climbing harness for added safety.
      I use three Hawk Heliums as my climbing method and Wild Edge Steps as my platform.
      I'll see y'all this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        So is this a get together of guys who have the same type of tree stand?
        haha thats what I am wondering? I have seen some strange things on this website.. But a bunch of grown men going to climb trees together and talk about wearing a saddle in a tree takes the cake..

I am also going to assume the majority of people who attend this are members of BHA and adult onset hunters lol
        Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 01-21-2020, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
          Sunday January 26th

Once we get a semi firm number count we can discuss where on the area to play.

I ordered a tethrd Mantis on Monday and it will deliver Thursday. Will work on my lines/ropes next.

Plan on organizing a meetup at Granger to practice, learn, and socialize. Maybe meet for breakfast, head to woods, play, cook lunch in parking lot and hog hunt in the evening.

Bring your bow target and we'll practice shooting as well.
          I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            X2. Does this mean I'm approaching GOF age when I can't understand wth the youth are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
              X2. Does this mean I'm approaching GOF age when I can't understand wth the youth are talking about?

Lol. I am 55 so........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll try to meet up. I’ve been hunting 2 seasons with my aero hunter and wild edge steps. Sounds like a good time

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                  haha thats what I am wondering? I have seen some strange things on this website.. But a bunch of grown men going to climb trees together and talk about wearing a saddle in a tree takes the cake..

I am also going to assume the majority of people who attend this are members of BHA and adult onset hunters lol

Dude tell me about it! Everyone knows the real manly way to do something that can easily cause your death of you do it wrong is just to figure it out on your own!

Real men and real hunters make sure to NEVER show new people anything because that's just gay and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

I completely understand your confusion. I blame it on my brain working too fast and jumping from one thing to the next before the first thought is complete.
                    Even when I go back over things they sound great in my head and make perfect sense, but then others are like huh?

Short story; meet and greet to learn about hunting in tree saddles.
                    Saturday 25th meeting at canoe launch on Granger Lake 1100 sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Maui-diver View Post
                      I’ll try to meet up. I’ve been hunting 2 seasons with my aero hunter and wild edge steps. Sounds like a good time
                      Oh man I've been wanting to check out those steps!

I'm running a DIY ghetto rig sit drag and RCH. Just started using it this season and immediately gave away my lock on stand!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Lol ok. I’ve never heard of this. Kind of like a Jeep club I guess.
                        But unlikely to have girls flashing their tiddies....
                        Last edited by Jspradley; 01-22-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                          Oh man I've been wanting to check out those steps!

I'm running a DIY ghetto rig sit drag and RCH. Just started using it this season and immediately gave away my lock on stand!
                          Me too. It’s kinda bulky but works like a champ.

Comment

Darn, got plans this weekend already. I would have loved to come check this out.

Comment

Wish i could make it out to check these out. i have been back and forth between pulling the trigger on buying a set up. let us know if you plan to do another one.

Comment

I'm going to hunt around gate 7 Saturday morning so i'll meet y'all at the launch at 11:00!

Comment

Working...
                                X