Rifle Storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
    If you dont have a gun safe, how do you guys store your rifles in the off season?
    Soft sided gun case?
    Hard sided gun case?
    Open gun rack?
    Stand in the corner of the closet?
    Gun cabinet?
    Just wondering because I was reading somewhere that said not to store them in the cases. Seemed weird to me.
    I have seen many rifles that rust when left in gun cases with foam rubber inside, seem to hold moister. I don't like storing guns in gun cases, I would prefer some form of gun cabinet or gun safe.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
      I have seen many rifles that rust when left in gun cases with foam rubber inside, seem to hold moister. I don't like storing guns in gun cases, I would prefer some form of gun cabinet or gun safe.

The secret is proper oiling (even in the bore) and the humidity control bags in the case

Comment

Only have 3 rifles. No need for a big gun safe or gun cabinet. Sorta why Im seeing what methods of storage that might work if a person doesnt have one of those. That gun sock deal is intriguing. I guess it can still "breath" and still be a little protected from dust. Like a few others have mentioned, Ive actually stored mine in the cloth gun case for many many years and i guess, luckily I havent encountered any rust. I dont any of the foam cases.

Comment

Mine have all been in a conex for 3.5 years with no issues with rust or anything else

Comment

Working...
          X