No announcement yet.

Venison tamales!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always wanted to learn to make my own. Everyone I've ever talked to that makes them complains about how long the process is. Minus cooking the roast, how long would you say it took?

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Excellent

Comment

I'll take two dozen!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
              Always wanted to learn to make my own. Everyone I've ever talked to that makes them complains about how long the process is. Minus cooking the roast, how long would you say it took?

Um probably 3-4 hours or so minus the roast. We learned a few things that will probably speed it up a little bit next time. Wasn’t bad at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those look great Jeremy!

Comment

Comment

I probably gained a lb just reading this, thinking to myself, I hope there is a good hot sauce to go with the tamales! As if I get to eat them

Comment

Hank Shaw is the man!

How many did the recipe make? I have it saved just gonna have to take out the chili so my wife doesn’t complain about me being spicy

Comment

Those look good!!! Any chance you could post up the recipe?! I've always wanted to try and make tamales!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                          Those look good!!! Any chance you could post up the recipe?! I've always wanted to try and make tamales!!
                          I’m pretty sure it’s this one based on the cook book he referenced
                          Venison tamales with salsa verde, from Hunter Angler Gardener Cook

Comment

Yes sir, that’s the one! We made about 2 dozen or so.

Comment

I've always wanted to try that. How long did it take once meat was done?

Comment

Originally posted by TXCreed90 View Post
                                I've always wanted to try that. How long did it take once meat was done?

Um probably 2-3 hours total. Did a couple different batches

Comment

Working...
                                X