The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
    You're right, "Classic" and carbon barrel don't really go together. The rifle in my last post has a 24 in barrel. I think a 20 incher in that configuration would fit the bill.
    Classic and Fiberglass stocks don't really go together either.

Comment

What about a maverick with a carbon barrel option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I may have to change my vote to Classic Hunter. Possibly sub out the barrel for a 20in Proof Sendero Light in 257Bob or a Creedmoor. This would make the perfect whitetail rifle.
        APR built a rifle for me off this model, mine is a 24" Brux barrel in 1-8 twist on a trued 700 SA and a Mcmillan McWoody hunter stock. 243AI.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
          Classic and Fiberglass stocks don't really go together either.
          That is true, the closest you can get to a wood look on a composite stock is the Mcmillan Mcwoody.

Classic to me is a traditional hot blue in a walnut wood stock, red butt pad, leather sling and a fixed 8 power scope. No one wants to build anything like that anymore, if it aint plastic or composite, folks dont want it. I wish Leupold would come back out with a high gloss finish, but there probably is not a market for it.

Comment

A “classic” hunter rifle in A McWoody or McWalnut would be great.

Comment

Love the support for the "classic".... or classic* with the asterisk added for Fields.

I'll be in the shop today so I'll try to twist some arms!

Comment

I may have to change my vote to Classic Hunter. Possibly sub out the barrel for a 20in Proof Sendero Light in 257Bob or a Creedmoor. This would make the perfect whitetail rifle.
                I like that idea. If the weight is where I want it would be a sweet twist of classic and modern. Switchlug as a bonus

Comment

I like the classic idea

Comment

A left hand classic in 257 Bob would be a go for me!

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                      Put me down as a -1 in the ultralight category. The cost is prohibitive and the finicky nature of the components and load tuning makes this a pass. It should also be a pass for anyone not reloading. If anything bc I don’t wanna see a 2020 thread filled with “my APR gun won’t shoot”.

I’d really love to see a CLASSIC hunting rifle with a modern twist of all the finer touches and tricks that APR has up their sleeves. Maybe a base model “BDL” and then the fancy version as the “CDL”. Blued or stainless cerakote or maybe case hardening.

Stock: big run of McMillan McWoody and McWalnut and some of the edge fill brown w/ black speck. Use the APR, classic and maybe HTG styles. Stick to ADL or BDL inlet, no DBM, option for a RED butt pad.

Action: Defiance LA/SA with that sexy “blued” cerakote or a fancy version with case hardening. Fluting or jewelling options.

Barrel: APR contour so it can be threaded and blended protector w/ a radial or gill brake OR A lighter 2b contour for non-threaded. . Modern twist rates to update that “classic” hunting rifle. Maybe the upgrade version runs a Proof Sendero Lite or a Bartlein/Kreiger/etc.

Choice of fluting.

Other: need thoughts on a rail offering or quality two piece rings like the Hawkins hybrids. Maybe an option for Wyatt’s boxes for the long cartridges.

I like the way you think!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        I like this idea. Something like our classic hunter.
                        https://aprifles.com/products/apr-classic-hunter

I am really liking this concept as well. I'd love a 7mm-08 in this configuration

Comment

I'm still on the side of something similar to the 2018 build/APR Maverick or a APR Tomahawk.

Comment

Thats a sexy rifle! Has it been done with a carbon barrel? Case hardened action and the carbon barrel combo has my curiosity.

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            I like this idea. Something like our classic hunter.
                            https://aprifles.com/products/apr-classic-hunter

Comment

I like this idea too in 257 or 300wm

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
                                I'm still on the side of something similar to the 2018 build/APR Maverick or a APR Tomahawk.
                                I'm in this boat as well. Not that I don't like the look of a classic rifle, but it's just not what I have in mind when going the custom route. I will be happy with whatever APR decides to do, and I have no doubt that it'll be top notch!

Comment

Working...
                                X