No announcement yet.

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like my short 7mm-08 from last build. I'd like another short lightweight. Something similar to this: 6.5 Creed or 7mm-08, Defiance Deviant Ultralight action, 20" Proof Research Lite Sendero CF barrel, AG composites Privateer stock, Trigger Tech trigger.

Comment

Something similar to last years build or an ultralight is my vote. Maybe a 7 saum!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        I really like my short 7mm-08 from last build. I'd like another short lightweight. Something similar to this: 6.5 Creed or 7mm-08, Defiance Deviant Ultralight action, 20" Proof Research Lite Sendero CF barrel, AG composites Privateer stock, Trigger Tech trigger.
        I’m actually wanting to build a rifle like the one just described in a 7-08 caliber or possibly a 260 Remington this year.

Could you possibly offer a carbon build like last year, and then a heavy long range build as a second option as opposed to the steel build from last year?

Comment

Well, since I was fortunate enough to get one of last years build, I would really be interested in a PRS rig this time around. Something in a chassis and 6mm dasher sounds fun.

Comment

Mountain rifle.

Somewhere in the 4.5-5.5 pound range, only bad thing is only a few calibers work good in short barrels.

I aint interested in a 15 pound PRS rifle with a 26 inch barrel, about 1/2 of those chassis stocked rifles dont fit me, they feel clumsy and are uncomfortable to drag around.

So there, I put my .02 cents worth in.

Comment

I agree with the people saying something along the lines of last year's builds! They were awesome, and I'm kicking myself for missing the deadline.

Maybe one hunter option similar to last year and one heavy, long range option? Something based on the Range Boss or Tomahawk would be sick!
              Last edited by Saltyag15; 12-03-2019, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                Mountain rifle.

Somewhere in the 4.5-5.5 pound range, only bad thing is only a few calibers work good in short barrels.

I aint interested in a 15 pound PRS rifle with a 26 inch barrel, about 1/2 of those chassis stocked rifles dont fit me, they feel clumsy and are uncomfortable to drag around.

So there, I put my .02 cents worth in.

I would be all in for a 4.5 to 5lb gun in 308 with around a 20 inch barrel

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  This, except use the AG composites APR hunter stock. Basically an apr maverick with carbon fiber barrel.👍👍

Comment

Last years build would be hard to beat

Comment

Thanks Robert!

I am in for something similar to last years. Wanting to do a shorter barrel 300 of sorts.

Edit: a heavy long range will probably keep me out or maybe its the buying a house this summer part lol... Curious to see what everyone comes up with!
                      Last edited by 150class; 12-03-2019, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I would jump all over an ultralight mountain rifle in the 5lb range also.

Comment

I vote for something like the Tomahawk.

Or could you guys do a barreled action deal? That would keep the cost down and allow people to select chassis or stock of their choice?

Lastly, if enough people wanted a chassis as a second stock could you offer that up as a bonus to the build? No clue how man you need to get a deal on them but if 20+ people wanted a chassis could we make that a add on?
                          Last edited by robie; 12-03-2019, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                            I would be all in for a 4.5 to 5lb gun in 308 with around a 20 inch barrel
                            THIS!!

I think a lightweight was a close second last year.

Comment

Bummed I missed last years build, so I'm still very interested in anything under 8lbs and would love to add a 25-06 or 257 wby mag to my lot

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                                Personally I don’t care for the chassis. I’d vote for something similar to last years build but with adjustable comb height.
                                I would be in for one of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X