Suppressor ready bolt action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sendit View Post
    Here are three 5 shot groups fired back to back with a sub $500 Salvage M10 by me.
    Averaged under 1/2 moa for the string. I know this particular Salvage shoots well but wont shoot anything like a $3000-$7000 custom rifle. Still not bad for a beater.

Spending money doesn't guarantee accuracy. The difference in a 3k rifle and your $400 "salvage" is lost in 99% of shooters abilities...

Comment

Ruger 77/44

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        X2

Ruger American Ranch is another one. I have one chambered in 300 BLK and it’s a shooter. I don’t believe it’s chambered in 308 though.

I just got the same gun and last weekend I was shooting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards

Comment

Beater truck gun?? Remington 783 Heavy Barrel-- 16" in either 6.5cm or 308-- cost you $340, has a large knob and rail already-- trash the scope for a VX1 and youre ready to roll.

I've had/have 2 and shot 3 others-- all were sub 1" guns with factory ammo. My 24" Heavy Barrel 783(bone stock) will shoot sub 1/2" with handloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Take em
            Weatherby Vanguard HRM sub MOA .308 with Threaded Barrel FS. Brake is not included. Scope is negotiable but not included. Rings included with sling. Got this in a trade but don’t use anymore so not sure on round count but has shot great. $750 OBO. FTF FTW area. Must sign Bill of Sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Willicd76 View Post
              Spending money doesn't guarantee accuracy. The difference in a 3k rifle and your $400 "salvage" is lost in 99% of shooters abilities...
              Lots of truth in this statement. Hence why I am not too concerned about price as much as bare bones build that doesn’t take any mods to make it a decent shooter out to 300-400 suppressed.

I don’t have a $4K rig, but I do have a few in the bull pen if I need something beyond that (which is unlikely).
              Last edited by Greenheadless; 10-31-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies!

I have to now go thru all these postings.and research some suggestions.

Comment

For 99% of all hunters a $400 rifle and a $500 optic is all they need. All my feeders are 75-100 yards from the blind. I've never shot at a deer past 200 yards honestly. I could buy any custom rifle and scope on the market, just don't need it.

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
                    I have a Fieldcraft in 6.5 Manbun. I love it! Suppressor ready, 1/2"moa, weighs under 6LBs with scope and ammo, smooth as glass action. I wish I had the option of detachable mag, but otherwise it's perfect.
                    The one i handled was a 6mm creed, i have no use for it what so ever but man did i want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      Lots of truth in this statement. Hence why I am not too concerned about price as much as bare bones build that doesn’t take any mods to make it a decent shooter out to 300-400 suppressed.

I don’t have a $4K rig, but I do have a few in the bull pen if I need something beyond that (which is unlikely).
                      Yep, just because you spend a lot doesn't mean its going to shoot any better. hell i have a rifle that cost WAY more than that and it will not shoot better that 1- 1.5" at 50 yards but for what it is designed for it shoots great.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                        We have a couple Rem 700’s with 16.5” barrel. They are all shooters. Heavy barrel helps when you hang a can off the end.
                        Same here. Have a couple of 16.5” m700 9twist tactical models and they are both well under MOA shooters with handloads.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                          Yep, just because you spend a lot doesn't mean its going to shoot any better. hell i have a rifle that cost WAY more than that and it will not shoot better that 1- 1.5" at 50 yards but for what it is designed for it shoots great.

Ummm wut? What kind of rifle kid you pay WAY more for that only shoots 1-1.5 inch groups and does what it was designed to do????

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                            Ummm wut? What kind of rifle kid you pay WAY more for that only shoots 1-1.5 inch groups and does what it was designed to do????
                            I'd guess big bore safari rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                              I'd guess big bore safari rifle.

Fair enough. That’s one style of rifle I have ZERO experience with which is why I wouldn’t have guessed that haha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post

Sierracharlie out…
                                Merkel 140 470 Nitro Express
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3162.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	24596853

Comment

Working...
                                X