Bang before the ring.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bang before the ring.....

Range is 615 yards. 6.5 Manbun is the caliber. Object is the get the next round on the way before the sound of the impact from the previous shot gets back to you. He had one in this string that almost made it. Before we started videoing he did it 3 times in a 9 shot string. It’s pretty tough.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Dang....and I thought we were going to talk about premarital sex...

Comment

tag...vid not working??

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
        Dang....and I thought we were going to talk about premarital sex...
        The ole no ringy no dingy clause.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          tag...vid not working??

Comment

Leave hand on the bolt and pull the trigger with middle finger. Most of his time is lost reacquiring his grip. You see the technique in some of the mad minute videos. No more than the gun is moving he can make small aiming adjustments with his left hand on the stock. Doing that i bet he could run the whole mag with a shot leaving before the steel report. Nice shooting

Comment

He definitely has some learning to do. He has done very little rifle shooting to date. Lots of pistol comps, IDPA, steel challenge, USPSA and SPP (2015 state champ there). This was with zero coaching from me other than the initial position setup.

Comment

I have never tried at a range closer than 1000 but I have worked on 3 shots at 1000 before you hear the ring. Takes practice.

Comment

Just did the math. 0.82 second time of flight and 1.677 second for the sound to get back assuming 1100 FPS. Right at 2.5 seconds to get the second shot off at 615 yards.

Comment

for clarification, i was meaning run each shot in the mag before hearing the ring of the previous shot, not all 5 or 10 whatever before hearing the first ring, that would be super speedy :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                      for clarification, i was meaning run each shot in the mag before hearing the ring of the previous shot, not all 5 or 10 whatever before hearing the first ring, that would be super speedy :-)
                      I was pretty sure I knew what you meant. Ten in 3 seconds would be pretty quick.

Comment

6.5 man bun lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X