Lease Question - Honest Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lnester View Post
    I'll be in the minority here, but I agree with the "no night hunting" rule, especially during deer season. You have 9-10 other months of the year to do that, why not let things be quiet during deer season?

Now, adding that rule at the last minute is crap. That should have been worked out when you renewed the lease.

Sounds like you don't like the rules. Find another place or lobby the existing members to make changes to the rules. It's a free country.
    Only thing is there's no off season hunting. It's a seasonal lease. But yes, overall I do agree with you.

Comment

I could have told you there would be issues when you said 16 people on 3200 acres. The rest of your post only goes down hill from there. Paying $20 acre for that is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
        I could have told you there would be issues when you said 16 people on 3200 acres. The rest of your post only goes down hill from there. Paying $20 acre for that is insane.
        This...paying less than half that per acre with half the guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          This...paying less than half that per acre with half the guns.
          Heck... I'd be glad to pay 1/2 for a straight deer lease and spend the other 1/2 on a hog lease.

Anyone have a place where they need some hogs eradicated??

Comment

You should start looking for a lease in ole Mexico!!!

Comment

I'm just saying that I personally would not pay $20 acre...I gotta wonder how much the lease head is paying LO vs your total dues. Please don't be offended, I've just never seen a $20/acre place worth considering.

Again, you have a healthy budget & from everything I'm gathering is you will be happier hanging onto your wallet & start looking for another place that suits your style better. Like the others, I'm not going to pay once the drama starts creeping into the joy.

Good luck

Comment

That's way too many people and too many rules and restrictions for me, whatever the price is. Not a lease I'd be interested in being on, but that's just me.

Comment

You're paying the kind of money that will get you on another lease pretty easy, probably with a lot less rules.

Comment

$4K for only seasonal hunting with no dove or duck would not be worth it to me, not even close.

Comment

[ATTACH]982987[/ATTACH]

Comment

You lost me at 3200 acres 16 dudes! I’m fortunate to hunt big acreage with very few people.

Comment

It sounds like to me the lease boss is an older man and has squad of 2-3 buddies that want everyone to hunt their way. Does that sound right? Everyone has their deal braekers, but you are paying too much for what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                            You lost me at 3200 acres 16 dudes! I’m fortunate to hunt big acreage with very few people.
                            This is what i couldn't get past. Packed in like cord wood.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                              Okay so here's the deal. I've been on a hill country lease going on 6 years now, been decent hunting but I'm at a crossroads with what to do. Here are the details.

$4k including feed, 3200 acres, 16 guys. 1 trophy buck (average 130s), spike, does, turkey and hogs. Lease is seasonal ... can only go in off season to feed. No exotics, no bow hunting, no duck or dove hunting, can only hunt Friday, Saturday and Sunday. No driving around midday to check cameras. No exceptions.

So here's my dilemma. Within the past 2 years I've gotten big into thermal hunting hogs and coyotes. We have 2 stands with 500yds of camp that are community stands and dedicated pig hunting stands. I was able to hunt hogs at night at either stand with no issues... now this year, 1 week before the season started the lease manager (not landowner) forged a new "no night hunting" rule. Said it was putting too much pressure on the deer. We hunt 5 square miles.

Well this gave me some serious heartburn since I honestly enjoy hog hunting at night just as much as I do sitting in a deer stand looking at a feeder.

I'm about to call it quits and move on, have gotten into it a few times with the lease manager about the rule and reasoning being BS, but what do yall think? Am I overreacting? Just feels like there are more rules than things to do and it has taken a lot the fun out of being on a lease.
                              Adios!

Comment

Too many rules for me for that price. I will gladly pay more and have less restrictions and people. Having your buddies on the place does make it tough, I would be looking for a smaller 1k acre track to lease out between you and your friends in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X