Don’t want the “ manbun” title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t want the “ manbun” title

So I have been thinking of a new rifle, mostly target, some hunting up to elk size. I was going to jump on the creedmore band wagon, but then came across the 6.5 prc. I like to be different, so it catches my eye. But curious if any body has experience with both, how much more recoil is there ? And how much shorter barrel life is there with the prc ? Younger people will shoot it on rare coc occasion, but I reload so I could always reload down to creedmore speeds for that I figure.

Why would you worry about what other people think. If you wear a pink shirt does it give you homosexual tendencies. Just buy what you want.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I went through the same dilemma between those 2 and went with the Creedmore due to easier to find ammo and more choices. I love mine.

Comment

^Yup certainly moor ammo selection if you go that route

Comment

I went with the PRC. Only downside to the PRC is ammo if you don’t reload.

Comment

I have both. Moderately more velocity out of the PRC. Deer don’t seem the like either one and tend to die in close proximity to where they were standing.

Fair bit more factory ammo showing up for the PRC. Can’t go wrong with either in my opinion.

Comment

Just buy a 270 Winchester.

Comment

.257 weatherby it’s a monster.... time proven for over 60 years

Comment

I went with .260 for the same reason. Same ballistics as the creed but doesn't come with the manbun title.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Why would you worry about what other people think. If you wear a pink shirt does it give you homosexual tendencies. Just buy what you want.

I don’t even own a pink shirt, don’t see my self ever buying one either, thanks for the advise !

Comment

I didn't want the creedmore either and went with the PRC. If all you are using it for is hunting I doubt you'll shoot it enough to burn the barrel up. I handload as well and my CA Mesa loves the 130 Accubond at about 3100 fps. Recoil is about on par with my 6.5 Swede.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

There you go. I have a couple or more of the CM's and love them all. Great shooters and little recoil.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                          I don’t even own a pink shirt, don’t see my self ever buying one either, thanks for the advise !
                          I am a fan of pink shirts! If you wear 2xl, I’ll send you one!

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Just buy a 270 Winchester.
                          Exactly! I’ve been shooting a .270 Remington 700 BDL for over 40 years.

Comment

smh. get what you want.

Comment

PRC is great

Comment

Working...
                              X