Clear All

Originally posted by rladner View Post
    Its obvious you've never been to a Starbucks

He said a man.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
      Its obvious you've never been to a Starbucks

Well Duh... Ain't a man alive ever been in a Starbucks EITHER!!

Comment

The way I see is it he has already asked for your help as he has an issue that he doesn’t think he can take care of. I would do as mentioned and take him up on the offer and try to get to know the fellow and that would give you more insight. It may be that you are really helping him out more than you know as he may really be pressed for reducing the doe numbers to comply with MLD (just guessing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Foods always a good option. I had a similar situation with an older gentleman one time. I just gave him a handshake and a sincere thank you. It was obvious he didn't want anything from me, but the next week I sent him a nice package from Omaha steaks. He definitely appreciated it based on the nice phone call I got.

Comment

A good bottle of whiskey or take him to a nice steakhouse after the hunt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
              Personally, I'd send a hand written letter and gift after hunting. You can figure out what he likes or wants during the hunt and then send a more meaningful gift based off what you learn about him
              This. One other thing, I usually send photos of the meat after I prepared it and let the landowner know the animal I took isn't being wasted. Another option, prepare a meal for them with one of the animals from their property and give it to them, so that all they have to do is heat it up and eat.

Comment

If you can bbq, bring a mess of ribs and a brisket with you. Doesn't cost you too much money but it does show that you put in the time to make something you both can enjoy. At his age, he's likely over the material items in his life.

Or you can send him a few links of sausage from the does you kill after the hunt.

Comment

Take him a ribeye roll and a pallet of corn.

Comment

My first thought was a pocket knife, but I also like the idea of a custom sign for his ranch. There is a sponsor on here that does a great job of making them. I've had two done and couldn't be happier.

Comment

What would you expect if you were in his shoes?

It's a doe hunt and you are doing him a huge favor. Besides, he already owns a freakin' ranch and I'm quite sure already has a ton of knives to boot. lol. If anything, offer to help him with a ranch chore during the mid-afternoon down time (unless you are hunting all day). If you are staying the night, then whip up a hearty dinner. Nothing better than a thick ribeye and loaded potato.

Give the guy an expensive ranch sign?? Nice gesture, especially for just a doe hunt. But, unless you know EXACTLY what he would want- be prepared for an awkward meeting the next time when you realize he never put your sign up.
                      Last edited by Roy; 10-30-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Take him out for a nice Steak Dinner!!!

Comment

I had some Wagyu steaks sent as a thank you before... He said they were great. Came out to about $50 a steak

Comment

Take him into town and treat him to breakfast after the hunt.

Comment

A knife would be a great thank you. Just don't forget the penny.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Well Duh... Ain't a man alive ever been in a Starbucks EITHER!!
                                Oh crap

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X