X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Saturday)

Daily Bible Portion – 7 of 7
    "JETHRO"

(Weekly Reading>>Exodus 18:1-20:26, Isaiah 6:1-13, Matthew 5:1-48, Acts 6:1-7, Hebrews 12:18-29, 1 Peter 2:9-10)

All Yahweh’s Feast Days, which sanctify time like the Sabbath, belong in the fourth commandment about observing the Sabbath. Dealing honestly with Yahweh, family, friends and in business falls under not bearing false testimony and paying the tithe to Yahweh falls under thou shall not steal. A principle that does not have an apparent logical reason falls under number one, which constitutes a basic belief in Yahweh and the call to heed His commandments whether or not they make sense to us.

On Pentecost/Shavuot, Yahweh gave the Ten Statements. Within the Ten Statements is the entire Gospel. Therefore as Yahweh’s people we continue in the instruction that has been for the last three thousand five hundred years and call Pentecost/Shavuot - the Day of the Giving of the Torah/law.

Exodus 24:12 The LORD said to Moses, "Come up to me on the mountain and wait there, that I may give you the tablets of stone, with the law and the commandment, which I have written for their instruction."

It was Moses who led the Bride to her Betrothal at Mount Sinai in the Old Testament/Tanakh, and it is still Moses who leads the Bride of Yeshua to her Betrothal in the New Covenant (Jer 31:31-33, Heb 10:10) today (Acts 2). Same Word (Yeshua), same message (the Gospel), same feast (Shavuot), same Bride, same Bridegroom! One book, one message, one Bride and one Bridegroom!

Jeremiah 31:31-33 "Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was to be their husband[Betrothed], declares the LORD. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it[The Law] on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

The words spoken at Mount Sinai are the same words Yeshua shared with the people in Matthew 5. The Beatitudes outline the whole message of the Ten Statements or Goals given to the Israelites at Mount Sinai, but at a deeper heart level. Yeshua is the personification of the words spoken at Mount Sinai. As part of Messiah, when we embrace all His words we learn to implement them in our lives, to enjoy the fullness of what our Bridegroom has for us today as we prepare for our wedding day yet to come.

Hebrews 4:1-2 “Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest [Sabbath], let us [believers] fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it. For indeed the Gospel [ten statements given at Mount Sinai] was preached to us [believers] as well as to them [with Moses and the Israelites at Mount Sinai]; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith[obedience] in those who heard it.”

Hebrews 4:6 "Since therefore it remains for some to enter it[The Kingdom/The Rest], and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience"

Yeshua summarized the Ten Statements and the whole Torah in this one sentence:

“And thou shall love Yahweh your Elohim
    With all your heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might”
    (Deuteronomy 6:5).

Mark 12:28-31 “Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He [Yeshua] had answered them well, asked Him, ‘Which is the first commandment of all?’ Yeshua answered him, ‘The first of all the commandments is: “Hear [Shema], O Israel, Yahweh our Elohim, Yahweh is one. And you shall love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.” This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” There is no other commandment greater than these’” (Leviticus 19:18; Zechariah 8:17; Matthew 5:43; 19:19; 22:39; Mark 12:31; Romans 13:9-10; Galatians 5:14; James 2:8).

Hebrews 12:18-29 “You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, because they could not bear what was commanded: ‘If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned.’ The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, ‘I am trembling with fear.’ But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the assembly of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to Yahweh, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, to Yeshua the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.”

“See to it that you do not refuse him who speaks. If they did not escape when they refused him who warned them on earth, how much less will we, if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven? At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, ‘Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens’” (Haggai 2:6).

The words once more indicate the removing of what can be shaken - that is, created things - so that what cannot be shaken may remain.

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship Yahweh acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ‘God is a consuming fire’” (Deuteronomy 4:24).

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X