Costco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco

How many of you are members? Whats an average trip there cost you?
    Parents bought us a membership for Christmas and I’ve been a couple of times, usually out the door for under $50 unless I’m buying meat. So here’s the rub, I have a couple of freezers full of venison and fowl, plus a few fish left from Alaska, so really don’t need much, maybe some ribeyes and the occasional pork for the smoker.
    We have 3 young boys, so I’m guessing in a few years it will make more sense for us.
    I like the prices and convenience, I’m just not one to buy stuff that’s not on the list, and enjoy cooking from ingredients as a way to spend time with my wife and grow our kitchen skills while winding down and maybe eat less processed food.
    My mom took me Sam’s club a few times in college and I bought too much of things, to the point I got sick of them, or threw them out because they went bad. It stung to waste money I didn’t really have to waste.
    I love going and watching people shop and hearing them say “that’s a deal” as they jam their carts. I Like looking around at the checkout and seeing what people are buying and wondering where they’ll put it and if they can eat 30 pounds of cheesecake before it goes bad, same with 90 grapefruit, or if the 12 pack of long underwear will fit in the dresser?
    Rambling rant over, gotta go move my bale of t shirts over to the dryer and organize the Y3K bunker.

We joined about a year ago. First few times we spent way too much. We like several things from there that we buy all the time. Kirkland bacon in the four pack, 5 lb bag of frozen green beans, 2 pack of vegetable oil, bottle of avocado oil, 6 count bag of avocado, jar of deluxe mixed nuts. I also got a smoking deal on my Louisiana brand pellet grill.

Comment

If you live in MN, you shoulda copped that 12 pairs of long drawers.......

Comment

I'm a cheesaholic so all my cheese purchases are at Sam's. Also the good disposable coffee cups with lids.

Score: 3

Comment

Kirkland coffee, Duracell batteries, milk, cream, pancake mix, bacon, blueberries, strawberries, office supplies, tp, paper towels, mobile 1.......

Comment

I've been a member for several years. Our purchases are paper goods, Coffee, frozen smoothie mix, protein powder, popcorn, detergents, shampoo, peanut butter, trash bags, etc.

I'll also buy meat like brisket and ribs on occasion.

Basically, anything that we use on a regular basis and has a long shelf life.

Comment

I’m single and I’m a member. They usually have the cheapest gas in town. I go inside probably a couple times a month. I typically don’t buy produce from there because it will go bad before I eat it all. But dry goods, household goods, meat occasionally...oh yeah. It’s worth the membership cost to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Kirkland coffee, Duracell batteries, milk, cream, pancake mix, bacon, blueberries, strawberries, office supplies, tp, paper towels, mobile 1.......
                Forgot about the coffee. Kirkland’s kcups breakfast blend we like. Got em last time for around 27.5 cents each. Occasionally buy some meat, but their meat is expensive

Comment

We’ve been members for years. We mainly buy household goods, think paper, plastic soaps, etc. from them.

They typically have prime briskets for $3.50/lb, and their meat prices in general are better than most and the quality is very good.

We don’t typically buy general groceries unless it’s non perishable because the quantity is so much that a lot of spoils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Like others, most of our purchases are items with long shelf lives. Kirkland K-cups, TP, 12 pack of bounty paper towels, laundry detergent, cascade dish washer pods, Kirkland garbage bags, batteries, vitamins, sparkling water, etc.

Electronics section is decent. Great place to buy TVs, computers, camera bundles. Bought a Microsoft surface pro a few months ago. Costco undersold bestbuy by $100 on the bundle.

Also for a guy. Great place to buy underwear, socks, long johns, etc.

Gas is buy far the cheapest in our area. On the weekends, you'd think there is a gas shortage as the lines are crazy.

Don't overlook other services. Costco travel has good deals sometimes. Never used it, but I've heard their car buying service is decent as well.

$60 annually is worth it for us. Probably save that on gas alone.

Comment

If I buy 1 car battery a year it usually pays for itself. I get paper products, laundry detergent, cereal and items we use. I rarely go off script.

Comment

Been a member for years and love it. I probably go in there 3x a week for something. Last week I bought a new tv & hearing aids, so that bill was several thousand otherwise it's not bad. Things we always buy from there are toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, bottle water, dish soap, cleaners, meat, coffee, batteries, soups, rotisserie chickens, cheeses, chips, otc meds(theirs are dirt cheap compared to anywhere else), milk, heavy cream & eggs. Their Kirklands brand is top notch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                          Been a member for years and love it. I probably go in there 3x a week for something. Last week I bought a new tv & hearing aids, so that bill was several thousand otherwise it's not bad. Things we always buy from there are toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, bottle water, dish soap, cleaners, meat, coffee, batteries, soups, rotisserie chickens, cheeses, chips, otc meds(theirs are dirt cheap compared to anywhere else), milk, heavy cream & eggs. Their Kirklands brand is top notch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree on the Kirkland brand stuff. It’s pretty much all we buy. No need to pay for brand name items especially on things like TP & paper towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I know a farmer who now raises pigs exclusively for Costco. I like their approach of only medicating sick animals and not feeding medicated feed across the board and not using growth hormones. So, from what I understand there’s a legitimate reason their meats may be a little more. We quit buying meat at Walmart a few years back as it seemed like it lacked flavor and seemed off somehow.

Comment

When I was living in Fort Davis and valentine we used Costco for a lot of stuff we needed for staple goods ( Tp, canned food, pasta, soups spice ect) as the grocery store in alpine was expensive
                              Only problem was nearest one was in midland/Odessa 3 1/2 hour drive but absolutely necessary trip 3-4 times a year

Oh forgot when wife and I went to Hawaii for vacation we went to Costco and stocked up on breakfast stuff and beer and liquor for our 10 days
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-15-2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X