Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curved vs Straight trigger

I did a search...sorry if I missed it.

Wanted to know why you prefer one over the other? Mainly interested in bolt action rifles not ARs but, let me know.

Also if you like one over the other for hunting and hunting with gloved hands?

Thanks!

I’ve got both in 700s. I don’t see a big difference either way.

Comment

I just put a straight CMC on my AR and like it!!

Comment

I tend to prefer curved, but in a rifle with a short pull there is really not a lot of difference. In the plastic pistols flat is the new "in thing" but imo they are considerably worse than curved in that role

Comment

I prefer curved, I get a more consistent trigger pull every time resting my finger in the exact same spot every time. Where with the flat I end up resting my finger at the very bottom of the trigger and not as consistent.

Comment

I like the straigth triggers myself. All of my 700s have them and most of the ARs i have do. When im shooting target i like to get down on the bottom of the trigger. But i think its all preference

Comment

I like straight. It feels different to me and growing up with all curved I feel like I push straight back on the trigger and I am not wrapping my finger around it...

Probably just a mental thing but it works for me

Comment

Straight. I've found my squeeze to be more consistent and I feel like I have better leverage when applying force up to the breaking point. For consistent placement I stay on the bottom 1/3 of the trigger where I can feel the end and know I'm in the right spot.

I'm running straight TT Specials on two bolt guns and straight CMC or Giessele on 3 ARs.

Comment

Bought a TT straight a while back when they were on sale and I just haven’t gotten turned onto it.....curves for me.

jrg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I have both and do not really have a preference, Just as long as it is a crisp trigger set between 2 and 3 lbs that is consistent

Comment

I have both and I am starting to like the straight better

Comment

With a straight trigger, it is more comfortable to put your finger low on the trigger, which increase the length of the lever, basically makes it easier to pull the trigger, without having to lower the trigger lbs. of pull. You can do the same with a curved trigger, it's just not as comfortable to do so as with a straight trigger. Also a straight trigger can increase the length of pull a small amount, which can help with getting proper finger placement to improve accuracy.

The advantage of a curved trigger, is they typically are more comfortable and you can easily place your finger in the same place on the trigger every time, so it takes the same effort to pull the trigger. You may noticed some of the straight triggers having a piece that is attached to the trigger that can be moved up and down the trigger, that is for finger placement, those are typically match triggers.

Comment

I did a search before posting a question- let me add it to this one.

For a Springfield XDM any opinions of straight vs curved trigger? Just a matter of personal preference?

I’m upgrading my 10mm bought for a bear defense gun with TFO sights and ordering a PRP drop-in trigger. I did a PRP trigger upgrade on my XD45 years ago, using the XD’s original curved trigger.

I want to reduce the trigger pre/ post travel, and pull weight, but have a choice of trigger shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Sig with straight trigger everything else is curved, really don't notice a difference when shooting.

Comment

For AR i like 2 stage Geissele SSA trigger, curved. Or Larue Tactical MBT trigger, curved. Bolt action, Timney Hunter 2.5 lbs pull, curved. Those are my go to. 2 stage for AR and single stage for bolt action. I like the feel of curved vs straight

Comment

Working...
                              X