Scam call from Apple 🍎

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scam call from Apple 🍎

Stay aware, received a scam call from Apple( as shown on caller I'd).

Person stated that my account had been used in several countries and that account was compromised.

The man had a heavy accent (from India I believe).

When I asked him what was my email on the account he hung up.

Did a search on the net and sure enough, i found out its been done before and is a scam.

Just wanted to pass this on for awareness.

Thanks for the heads up. Can’t stand those calls.

Comment

I got a barrage of those calls last week, all from different numbers. These days, if I don’t know the number I’m very careful what I say on the phone.

I’ve read to never answer β€œyes” to any question because they have the means to take that β€œyes”, (in your voice), and plug it into a bogus conversation in order to prove that you are buying something, etc. I don’t know how true that is but I’m paranoid about strange numbers to the point that I usually answer β€œHola” and wait for them to start talking. If they don’t, I repeat it. If it’s not a serious call, they will usually just hang up.

Comment

If I mess up and answer one of these type calls, I just keep saying hello 4 or 5 times and then hang up.

Comment

Not from Apple ( and I have an apple computer}. I got a call from myself the other day. The guy did not sound anything like me so I hung up on myself.

Comment

I've got several. I generally try to keep them on the phone as long as I can. I once wasted 2 and a half hours with one. I literally would tell him to hold on. Put my phone in my pocket and work while he waited then I would periodically pick it back up and talk to them for a few minutes to keep their hope up.

Comment

I like to give them a hard time in my best southern accent.

I just wish the extended warranty calls would stop. The poor guy that bought my Acura two years ago will never have to worry about repairs since I have now signed him up for 100 years of extended warranty. LOL.

Comment

I get emails all the time that look like they are coming from Apple stating my account has been frozen until I contact them. Never have contacted them and still no issues. Lots of scammers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  I get emails all the time that look like they are coming from Apple stating my account has been frozen until I contact them. Never have contacted them and still no issues. Lots of scammers out there.

I have got the same one a dozen times or more .

Comment

They sent me an email saying someone had bought a game on my itunes account and if it wasn't me to follow the link.

Duh......I bit.

Called Apple and they told me to change my password.

Comment

They called my phone five times in a row today.

Comment

I always give the the name Hue G Rexion.I have a recording somewhere that I had him using my full name. It was quite funny!

Comment

Comment

There's one from social security too. That one almost got me. They new my name and wanted to verify information.
                            Apple has a warning about this on there web page. Scammers are using apple store numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got that durn Apple call on my land line yesterday. They called about every 20 minutes for 3 hours. I finally answered and told them if they call again I was gonna come gut and skin them like a hog. No more calls.

Comment

Working...
                              X