Symptoms and Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symptoms and Timeline

Those of you who have or have had covid and experienced symptoms, what did your timeline look like? I'm a really healthy 41 year old guy and this crap has had me down worse than anything I've dealt with. My timeline has looked something like this...

Day 1 (Last Tuesday) - Scratchy throat & dry cough

Day 2 - Fever begin and symptoms got worse rapidly. This is the day I was tested, which came back positive. It felt much like a bad case of flu coming on. Extreme fatigue, horrible headache, bad cough, sore throat, etc

Day 3-5 - Almost nonstop fever, diarrhea started and the headache just wouldn't go away. This was on top of the other normal flu like symptoms. I couldn't get out of bed I was so weak. My taste and smell also went away about day 3. Not that I had any interest in eating anyways.

Day 6 - That morning started out with me feeling slightly better and ended with me feeling the worst I have ever felt in my life. I told my wife I was ready for her to put me out of my misery.

Day 7 - Drastic improvement! All day with no fever and symptoms improved across the board. I still was very weak but felt much better.

Day 8 (currently) - Second day feeling better. I am still really weak and get tired very easy. I started getting chills a bit ago and I had a very slight fever of 100.4. I sure thought I was done running a temp.

Is this a fairly common timeline for someone that didn't get a mild case? I am over this stuff. I'm still really unclear when I should get retested so I can return to work. I dont want to do it too early and test positive again.

I only know one person who got it, my sister. She didn’t have a single symptom, not even a fever. She only got tested because she was exposed to someone from her work, and her work required her to be tested. Crazy how some people don’t have a symptom and others are dying.

Comment

Tagged.

What treatments did you follow?

Comment

My wife had the following

Day 1: sore/ scratchy throat
        Day 2-3: mild fever 99.5-100.5 headache general bad feeling
        Day 4-5: still felt rundown no fever
        Day 5-6: felt good other than mild upset stomach and fatigue
        Day 7-12: pretty much felt 100% some body ache but other than that she was fine.

I’m in quarantine now just due to my exposure to her and have zero symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          Tagged.

What treatments do you follow?
          I started day 2 with a zpack. I started taking zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d3, and flu meds. I tried the tonic water but just couldn't do it. That stuff was horrible and I dont drink so there was no mixing it with alcohol as some suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I only know one person who got it, my sister. She didn’t have a single symptom, not even a fever. She only got tested because she was exposed to someone from her work, and her work required her to be tested. Crazy how some people don’t have a symptom and others are dying.
            It's definitely pretty strange how it's affecting different people. I was of the opinion that fat people, old people, and people with health condition were the only ones experiencing bad symptoms. I was wrong. My wife has it too and barely has symptoms to speak of. It's like mild allergies for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              Those of you who have or have had covid and experienced symptoms, what did your timeline look like? I'm a really healthy 41 year old guy and this crap has had me down worse than anything I've dealt with. My timeline has looked something like this...

Day 1 (Last Tuesday) - Scratchy throat & dry cough

Day 2 - Fever begin and symptoms got worse rapidly. This is the day I was tested, which came back positive. It felt much like a bad case of flu coming on. Extreme fatigue, horrible headache, bad cough, sore throat, etc

Day 3-5 - Almost nonstop fever, diarrhea started and the headache just wouldn't go away. This was on top of the other normal flu like symptoms. I couldn't get out of bed I was so weak. My taste and smell also went away about day 3. Not that I had any interest in eating anyways.

Day 6 - That morning started out with me feeling slightly better and ended with me feeling the worst I have ever felt in my life. I told my wife I was ready for her to put me out of my misery.

Day 7 - Drastic improvement! All day with no fever and symptoms improved across the board. I still was very weak but felt much better.

Day 8 (currently) - Second day feeling better. I am still really weak and get tired very easy. I started getting chills a bit ago and I had a very slight fever of 100.4. I sure thought I was done running a temp.

Is this a fairly common timeline for someone that didn't get a mild case? I am over this stuff. I'm still really unclear when I should get retested so I can return to work. I dont want to do it too early and test positive again.
              My wife had it and that is very similar to what she experienced. Not sure about the diarrhea, though, as I didn't ask.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                My wife had the following

Day 1: sore/ scratchy throat
                Day 2-3: mild fever 99.5-100.5 headache general bad feeling
                Day 4-5: still felt rundown no fever
                Day 5-6: felt good other than mild upset stomach and fatigue
                Day 7-12: pretty much felt 100% some body ache but other than that she was fine.

I’m in quarantine now just due to my exposure to her and have zero symptoms.

This is pretty much exactly how my symptoms and timeline looked.

My dad also tested positive and the whole first week he felt a little off but nothing alarming. The second week hit him like train. He wasn’t eating, constant body aches and headaches with fever on and off with a cough and shortness of breath. The third week he was a little better but not much. By the end of the third week he started feeling better. He’s now on week four and is about 80% back to his normal self. He got tested last Saturday and it came back negative so hopefully he’s almost over it. He’s lost about 15lbs through the whole ordeal.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                  I bet this is the same for every virus, only difference is we test people for this one with no symptoms and have never done that in the past.

Comment

Josh do you have an idea of who you contracted it from?

Comment

Maybe I'm getting you mixed up with someone else, but were you having heart and health issues in the last year?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        I bet this is the same for every virus, only difference is we test people for this one with no symptoms and have never done that in the past.

That’s a good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          Josh do you have an idea of who you contracted it from?

No idea

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                          Maybe I'm getting you mixed up with someone else, but were you having heart and health issues in the last year?
                          I had a scare last spring that turned out to be nothing. They said I had one of the healthiest hearts they had ever seen. I generally never get sick and never go to the doctor.

Comment

My wife had it 3 weeks ago.

Day 1 - headache
                            Day 2 - 100 fever, body aches, felt like sinus infection
                            Day 3 - Same
                            Day 4 - Felt better, got tested.
                            Day 5 - Helped me landscape the yard. All symptoms gone. Figured it was sinuses.
                            Day 8 - Test came back positive. Slept in the same bed as her the whole time, never showed any symptoms. Neither did our 3 year old or 1 year old. Waiting on results from my antibody test.

She randomly lost sense of smell somewhere through there, not sure when. Has always been able to taste. Never lost appetite.

Weird deal.

Comment

I haven't had it but my daughter did and that sounds pretty much how hers went except she only ran a low grade fever. She's infectious Disease NP and has been dealing with this from the onset. The only thing she took was Prednisone. She was back to work 2 weeks after contracting it. She did tell me that usually it takes about 5 to 6 days after coming in contact with it before you start feeling symptoms and that's kind of what happened to her. She knew exactly when she came in contact because of a PPE failure while checking on a patient. I hope you get to feeling better and that you are over the worst part.

Comment

Working...
                              X