SE Iowa Crop and Deer Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE Iowa Crop and Deer Update

Checking a few areas yesterday evening. This is going to be a good spot in about 3.5 months. Beans on the right, corn on the left, terrace down the middle. Deer highway.[emoji106]

We are in pretty much of a drought right now. The ground is cracking. If we just get a little rain this corn is going to be 11-12 feet tall by harvest. I walked down this field edge last night and their were no silks showing. Tonight almost every stalk had at least one silk showing.

Update... Its raining now and has been raining since about 3:00am.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 07-15-2020, 08:18 AM.

That terrace area looks unreal, not to mention that “thirsty” 8’ tall corn....

Hope all is well in the land of the giants.
    Rwc

Comment

That's a good looking buck in the first couple pics and looks like he still has some growing to do.

Comment

You should be ashamed of yourself showing pics of what I wish every cropland looked like down here.

Glad your getting some rain, I know those beans will like it too. My uncle works up in Iowa now and maybe I can get up there and hunt some of those corn-fed giants some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          That terrace area looks unreal, not to mention that “thirsty” 8’ tall corn....

Hope all is well in the land of the giants.
          Rwc
          That second picture is at the base of my treestand tree

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
          You should be ashamed of yourself showing pics of what I wish every cropland looked like down here.

Glad your getting some rain, I know those beans will like it too. My uncle works up in Iowa now and maybe I can get up there and hunt some of those corn-fed giants some day.
          A friend of mine that is a farmer just texted me and said we are witnessing a multi million dollar rain this morning. He said its hitting perfectly to produce kernels and big full ears. I am happy for the farmers. ANF (America Needs Farmers)
          Last edited by Arrowsmith; 07-15-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
              That's a good looking buck in the first couple pics and looks like he still has some growing to do.
              Brock. This was him last year. He disappeared mid October. No sighting, no pictures. I thought EHD had killed him. He showed back up in the middle of February. He seems to live right behind our house during the spring and summer and then leaves during the rut.

I found his right side shed about a mile from the house while turkey hunting. I never found the left side.

Comment

Good luck this fall Mike!!! I hope you get a shot at the buck

Comment

Good luck chasing a big one this yr! Can’t wait to get up there in a couple of years.

Btw love when you post these pics!

Comment

Good luck this fall. You can’t beat the Midwest in November.

Comment

Thanks !!!

Loving these temps today. Rain has let up. Still cloudy. It's about 70 right now.

Comment

That deer 8s gonna shock everyone at what he scores.

Comment

I got last season's buck back a couple of days ago. I just hung it today. He lived right in our river corridor, but the only time I ever saw him in person was on November 9th, the morning I killed him. I rattled him in from about 300 yards to about 18 yards. He covered most of that distance before I could set the horns down and get my bow off the hanger.

Comment

Good looking deer

Comment

Awesome pics!
                              We spent a week in Clear Lake,over the 4th.Man,I love it up there!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X