No announcement yet.

Lease Ride Upgrade - Jeep Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome job! A good tube fitter is an artist indeed! Looks like you'd do well in that area!

Comment

Looks great!!! The Brake lines turned out amazing. This is gonna be one heck of ride once all said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Awesome job! A good tube fitter is an artist indeed! Looks like you'd do well in that area!
        Thanks Saltwater! These lines are tough to work with and flaring was really frustrating with several failures. On the flip side it's very satisfying when you make a set of good ones

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          Looks great!!! The Brake lines turned out amazing. This is gonna be one heck of ride once all said and done.
          Thanks Big Lee.. Dang right.. I hope it turns out real good!

Comment

For the Comanche fuel and electrical system there is a ballast resistor. My original was crusty and broke as soon as I started removing it. I replaced with a different style that takes ring terminals. Easy 20 min project!

Comment

You're killin' it man!

Comment

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
                  You're killin' it man!
                  Thanks offthemap! Really working hard on it these days!

Comment

Getting a new battery for the Comanche was definitely part of the plan. In the scope of the whole project we started with the rear axle and moved forward on the truck. Took out the old battery and noticed my battery tray bolts were disintegrated. Rrra Rrro! Upon further inspection check out the fender metal that holds the battery tray.. We found our next rust project! It stinks but ya know, we'll figure it out. Battery tray metal fix.. coming soon!

Comment

For the badly rusted out battery tray on the Comanche we found this good looking donor Jeep Cherokee at a junkyard in Tomball. My brother and I used a battery powered die grinder with a cut off wheel and cut out the battery area. Man, it was hot but the piece we got was so solid. Can't wait to clean it up and finish the fabrication and replacement!

Comment

Well Rosco, if you started at the back and you are now working on the battery box that is right beside the radiator, I'd say you're gettin' close!! You'll be gettin' er bloody by this Fall!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Well Rosco, if you started at the back and you are now working on the battery box that is right beside the radiator, I'd say you're gettin' close!! You'll be gettin' er bloody by this Fall!!
                          Haha.. I hope you're right! I wish some of these projects were winter time hard work wearing a sweater.. Not blazing heat in a trashy junkyard and even hotter back in the garage

Comment

Insanely cool project! In.

Comment

Originally posted by gwellstx View Post
                              Insanely cool project! In.
                              Thanks gwells! More to come!

Comment

Jealous. Awesome

Comment

Working...