cheap elevated bow blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap elevated bow blinds

well we finally found a lease, and now the other hard stuf comes along with it. we have all feeders but need to get blinds to hunt in!! kind of strapped for money because of lease costs, new bow, feed and all that good stuff so would like to keep it under 200 each to make, does anyone have any ideas?

ladder stands $69.
    pop up blinds $99.
    tri pod stands $159.
    Killin a deer on a new lease... you know the rest!

check out Academy or Gander Mountain for clearance items. I know you will find some good deals.

Good luck!

Comment

none

haha i think we all know the rest.
      the only problem with the pop ups and all that is i have to shoot over feeder pens, and it is in eldorado so i am not comfortable sitting up in the air with a high chance i will put pressure on the deer with me spooking them all the time.

Comment

I hunted a pop up in the feeder pen in El Dorado last year. 8 yard shot to the feeder. I thought it was strange until I was sitting next to 2 bucks eating corn and I could only kill does. The guy that set it up left it there all year and the deer had no concern. Even had a field mouse for company looking for something to eat.

Comment

build your pen and use a cattle panel for a gate. set your ground blind so you can drop the gate when you hunt it so you dont have shoot through the fence.

then build one of these.http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ead.php?t=1876

the first year i hunted eldarado this is what i did. the next year i made my feeder pen big enough i hunted inside them.

Comment

go to your local scrap metal yard or shop and they could proably fix u up with a base tower blind(5-8 ft) for cheap and you add 3\4 wood ! Good luck,,,Bass Pro has ground blinds for $49 when they go on sale...

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              haha i think we all know the rest.
              the only problem with the pop ups and all that is i have to shoot over feeder pens, and it is in eldorado so i am not comfortable sitting up in the air with a high chance i will put pressure on the deer with me spooking them all the time.
              You can use a pop up next to a feed pen. Just cut a section of the panel so that you can shoot through it. But I guess it may depend on how small your feed pen will be. We make our pens as big as possible. I used 11 panels for my pen at Christoval. Another guy on our lease used like 400 panels for his. J/K, his pen is 3 times as big as mine. And we all use ground blinds.

Comment

You can build box blinds cheap right now. Lumber is as cheap as I have ever seen it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Corn Slinger View Post
                  You can use a pop up next to a feed pen. Just cut a section of the panel so that you can shoot through it. But I guess it may depend on how small your feed pen will be. We make our pens as big as possible. I used 11 panels for my pen at Christoval. Another guy on our lease used like 400 panels for his. J/K, his pen is 3 times as big as mine. And we all use ground blinds.
                  Your just jealous that my pen is bigger than yours CORN SLINGER.
                  I would build them to fit your needs,but I prefer bigger pens that I can put my ground blind in the pen with the feeder.

Comment

We build our ground blind frames out of 1 inch square tubing and skin the outside with metal siding that is still flat "before they roll it into R panels".That way it seals better and all you have to do after screwing in the sides is silicone the inside edges.It can be a pain to make them out of metal because of the welding and cutting the sheet metal but it is well worth it in the long run.We use Plexiglas windows and 3/4 inch plywood for the floor.The outside width is 6 foot x 6 foot and 6 foot tall in the front and slopes to 5 foot 10 inches in the back for rain runoff.It cost about 300-350 to build one but they will last forever!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                      Your just jealous that my pen is bigger than yours CORN SLINGER.
                      I would build them to fit your needs,but I prefer bigger pens that I can put my ground blind in the pen with the feeder.
                      What ever KingsX, I may "accidentally" forget to close the gate to your pen next time. I bet those hungry cows would enjoy all that tasty goodness your "big" feed pen has to offer.

B
                      Last edited by Bone Thug; 03-07-2007, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X