Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Uncle Gus`s Marina / Lake Whitney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncle Gus`s Marina / Lake Whitney

They filed chapter 11 and everything is locked down. I bought my last new boat there in 1995, but have not been there in 20 years.

Oh man, not good.

Comment

Broke my leg there in about 1997. Was pulling my boat out and barley moving when I noticed in my mirror the nose of boat a trailer unhooked. I jumped out to stop it. Not a good idea. A 20 ft bass boat is pretty heavy. It knocked me down and ran over me. Broke my leg, tore my knee up and ran over my chest. It did stop before rolling down the hill where they used to keep the big house boats though. I only lived about 2 miles from there and had been working on the engine and took it for a short test run. Didn't bother hooking up the safety chains that was the last time I made that mistake.

Hate to hear its having a hard time.

Comment

New owners we be taking over real soon.

Comment

Mom and Dad kept their boat there. Call them up to put the boat in the water and fill up gas tanks. I skipped many days of school and go play. Until Dad questioned why the boat was launched and filled with gas on a Wednesday

I dared my brother to skateboard down the big hill. Idiot accepted my dare and had severe case of road rash for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Hasn't been the same since the early/mid 90s but I liked the new owners. Sad deal but holding out hope for the next group. Such a cool place if you had the money and time to get it right.

Comment

Lived around there for a long time and never used it always just used the corp ramps. Did almost have to leave the boat there overnight when the trim sender went out, they are the only place on the water around there that had a boat mechanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                Mom and Dad kept their boat there. Call them up to put the boat in the water and fill up gas tanks. I skipped many days of school and go play. Until Dad questioned why the boat was launched and filled with gas on a Wednesday

I dared my brother to skateboard down the big hill. Idiot accepted my dare and had severe case of road rash for a couple of weeks.
                Dagum speed wobbles.

Comment

Working...
                X