Hill Country WT - WTH??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hill Country WT - WTH??

I shot this doe Saturday evening. Had a walking blood trail for 60 yards and the nothing. Lost her.

On the shot and in the video, I thought perfect deadly V shot. Maybe she was quartered away slightly? I’m clueless and hate to lose a deer but it happened.

Video taken looking thru shoot through mesh. Quality a little off. Sorry!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQmOaK2uXzE"]01/02/21 Mason Doe - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Slight quartering toward you. Back of 1 lung. Probably die but it might take a while.

Comment

Man looked text book to me. Judging by the angle of the arrow, the deer appears slightly quartered away. What broadhead?

Comment

She dropped and spun away from the shot. Maybe it went through her shoulder and out the neck/brisket without getting inside the ribs??

Comment

Originally posted by DirtNap View Post
          Man looked text book to me. Judging by the angle of the arrow, the deer appears slightly quartered away. What broadhead?
          Magnus Black Hornet

I can believe any of the above ideas cus I had no clue. I sure thought she was a 30 yarder and done for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            Slight quartering toward you.

Not seeing this.

Comment

Hill Country WT - WTH??

After screwing with it a bunch and trying to get the last sec of fletching before the disappearance this is what I got. May be the ol behind the heart in front of the stomach shot ... but who knows. At my first viewing on my phone this past weekend I thought it was a dead ringer deadly V but it looks more back on my big 24” screen ..

Comment

I got no explanation, maybe that it was just a touch back? Her leg was forward and maybe you were just back a touch. Only thing I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  After screwing with it a bunch and trying to get the last sec of fletching before the disappearance this is what I got. May be the ol behind the heart in front of the stomach shot ... but who knows. At my first viewing on my phone this past weekend I thought it was a dead ringer deadly V but it looks more back on my big 24” screen ..

I found out that videos can be misleading depending on camera maybe, I shot a pig on video and had nocturnal on it, if you watch the video it looks like almost a gut shot but when I found it the entry and exit hole was both right behind shoulder..

Comment

Did you have a dog or call for one?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

**** that’s a horribly big picture for the laptop. Let me see if I can do smaller . Looks good on Tapatalk either way.

Comment

Originally posted by randal View Post
                        I found out that videos can be misleading depending on camera maybe, I shot a pig on video and had nocturnal on it, if you watch the video it looks like almost a gut shot but when I found it the entry and exit hole was both right behind shoulder..

Of course... and the opposite happens as well.

Comment

Man that stinks! Looks perfect to me. She was slightly and I mean slightly quartering away. Were you a few feet right of the camera? Unreal. I would think you would have double lung her.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Stop video at 19 seconds where you can see broadhead impact( a little back in my opinion) but lighted nock looks to be at does hip.

Maybe just optical illusion but i've never seen a video of shot look that way.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Hardware; 01-05-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

It looks like she dropped and quartered away just milliseconds before broadhead impact. Maybe missed the near side lung by a hair?

Comment

Working...
                              X