Educational weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Educational weekend

Got back up to the ranch on Saturday and hunted through Monday. Spotted a real nice buck the first sit. He came back very early on Sunday but didn’t hang around long. I called an audible and hung a tree stand after the morning sit. I found a good tree looking over a series of trails in an unhunted area. I sat most of the day Sunday but nothing passed through and it warmed up quite a bit. I eased back to the truck and moved back to my main tree stand where I would proceed to straight up whiff on an old, cranky doe at about 20 yards. At least it was a clean miss, right over her back, but I am afraid the lesson I taught her will plague me on future hunts. In fact, I may try and hunt a different tree with my saddle setup next time I hunt that feeder. Monday morning the wind was changing so I hunted a ground blind by the house for the first time. I was told the two stands in that area have been checked but the feeder had no corn to throw at 7am. Saw 3-4 deer back in the brush but nothing came in to check the feeder. Had to head back with my tail between my legs after the morning hunt.

Great weekend though. Weather was great, saw deer every sit except the tree stand I set up on Sunday. Found the place I want to set a krivoman and feeder for next year. Ate some good food. Watched some college football. Learned some lessons. Took some notes.

Merry Christmas to all! Hope to get up there one more time after the 1st.

Sounds like a good start. There's still season left. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep after ‘em Brian!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heading back Friday, the good Lord willing!

Comment

Go get em.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X