Center shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Center shot

I was shooting my Hoyt recurve I just picked up & at 5yrd hits slightly left & as I go back it moves farther left. At 15yrds it’s about 6” left. Also most like center shot is off but I looked at the shaft & string & they looked correct according to the pictures I’ve seen. Shaft Just barely to the left of the string. I look at my PSE stalker & it set like a whole shaft to the left of the string but it shoot straight. Does the Hoyt need to be moved over or something?? It’s a Hoyt Satori 17” riser with carbon tech limbs, 62” bow.

I’m sure I’ll have a ton of questions since I’m new at this. If y’all would have patience with I’d appreciate it. I really want to learn this recurve way of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bush. Sure what you mean by "moved over" do you have a plunger?
    Center shot is something most who've shot compounds are familiar with. With a single string bow it is similar. However not every vfc traditional bow riser is cut to center much less past center allowing center shot.
    Many risers have a threaded hole just above the shelf. A plunger can be screwed in there and you can adjust how the arrow sits in reference to the riser/sight window.

Gary

Comment

Anyway I prefer a more center shot bow. 1/8" past center cut. It allows me to shoot a stiffer arrow and for me is easier to tune.

Gary

Comment

The riser has the threaded hole & it has a side plate with shins behind the side plate.

Comment

Center shot

There are a number of things that can cause the problem, especially if you are brand new to shooting trad bows.

I don’t have a lot of experience with the Hoyt bows. I have heard that they are more suited to an elevated rest, but have also seen guys shoot them well off the shelf.

It could be something as simple as your arrow being way too stiff???

It’s really hard to diagnose things like this over the internet.

Idk where you are located, but the best piece of advice I can give you is to find an experienced trad shooter in your area to help you out in the beginning. That can really lessen the learning and frustration curves that go along with learning to shoot trad bows!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Bisch; 11-16-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Okay someone has adjusted the center cut with shims vs. A plunger.
            Me, I'd strip the shims off, if there are multiple than maybe a little at a time, until I got the results I was looking for.

Gary

Comment

I removed the shims & put the arrow just left of the string center. It’s shooting more left. I put the shims back in it & now it’s not as bad. But the arrow is about about a whole shaft past the center Line of the string. I’m about to put together a Beman mtx traditional shaft, full length with 75gr insert & see how it flys.

Comment

Try less stiff arrows as stated above. Too high a spine will make them shoot left as they don't curve around the riser, they bounce left off of the rest. Archer's paradox.

Comment

Working...
                X