Arkansas Deer Season 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post
    Soil acidity is what I've heard as well. I guess it's something I'll just have to try this year and see what happens.

I hope I can get a 75lber or two for the freezer and then thin em out.

I'm hunting around Fouke if you're familiar with that. Just 20 minutes inside the border from Texarkana.
    I lived/worked out of Texarkana for three years. Passed through Fouke many times but don't know much about the hunting around there. There seem to be more deer the further north or east you go from TXK.

Comment

Scouting from the windshield is about all you can do around here right now. It's been raining since Friday. Going to camp this weekend to check cameras and get some trees ready to climb. Put out two cameras yesterday at the farm, hoping to see some bucks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone having any luck?

Me and my buddy are heading out about 6:30-7:00. Hoping to be there around 9:00 Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Im praying the rain isn't too bad tomorrow but this weekend is about the only weekend we both can do work for a few weeks. I'm hoping for fewer hogs and more bucks this time around. I just took down some old chain link fence and will also uses one 34" hog panels to keep the hogs out. Hoping for the best.

Comment

Scouted around camp and did some work today. I had two cameras out but didn't get any good bucks on them. There is so much water, clover, lezpedeza, and browse that they're just not moving much. Saw several nice bucks driving around this evening and got some bow stands set up. Conditions are as good as I've ever seen them and the deer are fat and happy!

Comment

I've got 5 cameras out up here now. Going to leave them for a couple weeks then swing back by to check. Saw a couple nice bucks today that I'd like to get on camera, but we'll see. Hard to pick the right spot to hang your cam when they're not having to move much at all.

Beautiful day in the Arkansas hills! 78 degrees with a breeze and low humidity. What a strange August!
            Attached Files

Comment

At the inlaws this weekend for the annual dove hunt and I've been checking some of my deer spots. I saw a nice buck a few weeks ago running with a bachelor group on their farm that had a gimp leg...found him today. He didn't look bad at all when I saw him, other than a limp. I guessing he had a broken leg. 13 points with two drops, pretty cool rack. Wish I could have stuck him!!

We saw several deer and a few nice bucks. One in particular was a STUD! My bother inlaw tried taking a phone picture of him out of the truck. I'll get him to send it to me and post it tomorrow. It's one we'd seen last year and I think it's probably a 170+ inch typical. Pretty noteworthy for this neck of the woods.

We have some cameras out and still haven't gotten many bucks on camera. I'm going to check a few this weekend that I have out around here and see.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's big boy. Cellphone pic from distance but he's a real whopper.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a beast. Those brows look minimum 7-8in long

Comment

Originally posted by Apretz View Post
                    Looks like a beast. Those brows look minimum 7-8in long
                    Watched him for a couple minutes and I think the brows are 10 inches. He was unreal

Comment

Wow awesome buck! Good luck out there this year! I won't be hunting in Arkansas much this year, except for the urban hunt at my in laws in HSV. Hunted there this past weekend and it was really slow, and HOT! May be back in November for another go.

Comment

Whew! Opener was 85 degrees with swirling winds, what a bummer. I checked my cameras and have several nice bucks that I'm excited about chasing, but didn't see a single one this weekend. Sunday morning was decent. I saw several deer but couldn't get one in range. Saw probably 20 different gobblers over the weekend. We had a good time around the farm and my buddy killed a fat young buck that was delicious!

Of course today felt cool and amazing and I am stuck at work until Thursday at least. May get a few evening sits in this week.

I've got a better plan for next weekend. Found some pretty good buck sign on a ridge and got a stand/camera hung. Our deer are still just not moving much and acorns are starting to fall.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Saturday morning
                          Attached Files

Comment

Talked to a buddy yesterday and he said it was the hottest he can remember it for the opener. It doesn't look like I will make it there until mid-November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                              Talked to a buddy yesterday and he said it was the hottest he can remember it for the opener. It doesn't look like I will make it there until mid-November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              It was brutal! This week and next weekend are 70s/40s. Should be MUCH better.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                                Here's big boy. Cellphone pic from distance but he's a real whopper.
                                Aim for the one in he middle

Comment

Working...
                                X