No announcement yet.

Who loves BlackWidow bows????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to shoot one sometime. I've heard they are great bows. I currently shoot a Sweptwing and a Lightning.

Comment

Started shooting the 60#er again this weekend!

Comment

way to go Joey.

Comment

I shoot Blackwidows now because of a kindness they did me some 25 years ago. I worked an extra job to save up the money to buy a second hand BW. I was too poor to pay attention at the time and it caused me LOTS of friction at home but I finally saved up and bought it. The next summer the riser split. Now keep in mind it was a 7 or 8 year old bow that they knew I bought second hand. I sent it back to them with a letter asking if there was any thing they could do that didn't cost a lot to get it back where I could use it as I didn't care what it looked like I just wanted to be able to hunt with it.A couple of weeks later the UPS driver dropped off a box. They sent me a new bow. it even had my name written on the limb. I was poor enough to sell a kidney if some one had offered to buy it but I would have never sold it for any price. Some one stole it a couple of years later and I could not replace it for a long time. I do ok with money now and can shoot about any bow out there but I will never forget a kindness they did for someone they never heard of long years ago.

Comment

Good I am glad I bought one after hearing that. A couple of years ago Ken Beck held my 2 y/o son so I could shoot his bows no one alse did that at the San Antonio PBS

Comment

I found an old Wilson Brothers (early widow) one piece in the neighbors trash can a few years back. It had a delaminated limb so I glued it back together for a wall hanger and sold it on ebay for $108.00.

I made some simple bow racks and also sold them on ebay and that Wilson Brothers recurve was in the display pictures. Every week I got two or three offers trying to buy that recurve.

Comment

Hell...you guys got me bidding on e-bay for BWs again...I could get in real trouble for this if I win the auction at this time of year! LOL

I think this would be Mae's handwriting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ICAM0011.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	23817763

I remember meeting her and one of the Wilsons when I was very young, 4-5 years old. They'd come down to stay with my grandparents for the State Fair. In addition to building bows, the Wilsons also held a patent on some sort of hook-needle that was used to make rugs. They made kits that where like the 'color by numbers' of rug making and they'd come to show them at the Fair and compete in the crafts exhibits. Don't remeber much of them actually as I was very young, I just remember that they gave my sister and I each one of the rug kits and a needle to play with...I never learned to work the hook but my sister did and she finished both rugs...I wish they'd brought me a bow!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Lost another auction for my Wilson Brother's bow...this time by $0.99!!! I have lost about a dozen or so now.

Auction Closed.

Oh well, it was a lefty with plugged sight holes in the riser anyhow...and best of all, I don't have to explain to my wife why I spent $78 (at Christmas time) on a wrong-handed bow that's only fit to hang on the wall.

Comment

My name is TradAg02 and I have been free and clean of Black Widow bows for 3 months.

I feel victim to the addiction back in 2002. I was consumed by the addiction for nearly 6 months prior to returning to the light (Sweptwing). After 3.5 years of collecting dust under my bed I sold the fabled widow prior to the start of deer season, forever distancing myself from the temptation of the dark side.

Sorry Buff I just had to do it.

To their credit they are great bows and in my experience they have exceptional customer service. My only P&Y fell to a Black Widow.

Comment

Tradag... you were wondering what had been wrong with your hunting this year. You were killing deer 2 at a time with your BW. Maybe you can buy it back.

Comment

Yep shot mine today and I love my BW

Comment

I wont one bad.

Sweptwing, Rattler u been drinkin' the Bong Water again...

Comment

I've owned about 10 different Widows over the years and always seem to come back to them, once I sell them. Recently, I bought a "like new" TFV Ironwood (58" and 52# @ 28") one-piece recurve with about $1000.00 of accessories. The guy that owned it had an accident and couldn't shoot it anymore and it only had about 50 arrows shot out of it. Bought the entire package for $1000.00 shipped to me. Best deal I ever got. I love the bow and shoot it frequently. I also love my longbows, too. You can never have enough bows or arrows.

Doug Key

Comment

my pet

I had a black widow as a pet at work for a bit kept it in a mason jar everyone thought I was crazy........ oh wait your talkin bows ..dooough! lol
                                I never really thought about a BW untill I read buffs story ... hmmm I smell an ad canpain here

Comment

Working...
                                X