Crock Pot Pork Recipe Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crock Pot Pork Recipe Ideas?

I was thinking about cooking some wild pork in the crock pot tomorrow. Let's hear your best pig in a pot recipes

Ttt. I want to hear some ideas.

Comment

TTt

Comment

This is my favorite...

Pulled pork carnitas

4 lbs pork
        1 medium onion, diced
        3 cloves garlic, crushed
        1 large can of Rotel
        1 tbsp cumin
        1 tsp oregano
        2 bay leaves
        Jalapenos to taste
        salt and pepper to taste
        2 wylers chicken broth cubes

Put the pork in the crock pot. Put all the other stuff on top of it. Add water to cover meat. Cook on low for 20-24 24 hours. Shred with fork and eat.

I like it with corn tortillas and sour cream.

Comment

keep em coming...

Comment

Here's one texcattleman posted several years ago. Simple, easy and really good. We usually do it with pork backstrap or tenderloin cut into 1 inch cubes and served over rice. I cut the meat and season it with Ragin Blaze the night before then start the crockpot when we leave for work.

Comment

I like to make Taco soup or Stew from it. Just not the time of year IMO.

Make 3/4 to 1 inch cube brown and you know the rest.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Here's one texcattleman posted several years ago. Simple, easy and really good. We usually do it with pork backstrap or tenderloin cut into 1 inch cubes and served over rice. I cut the meat and season it with Ragin Blaze the night before then start the crockpot when we leave for work.
                http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ight=crock+pot
                Made this last week and loved it.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Fiesta seasoning cane guisada........instrucitons on the bottle. I brown the meat and then put in a crock pot on low until meat is tender.....Might have to add a little water now and then. It is some good stuff....

Comment

Here's my javelina crock pot recipe, which also does very well with pork:

My new favorite javelina recipe:

1/2 small Javelina (depending on your pig, maybe just a shoulder)
                    1 red apple, sliced
                    1 red onion, sliced
                    1 small can (7.5 oz) Dr Pepper
                    1/2 bottle HEB Chipotle Raspberry marinade
                    1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I love Salt Lick Lauren's Sauce)

Pour a little of the DP and marinade in the bottom of a crockpot. Place the meat in, followed by the apple and onion. Pour everything else over the top. Cook on low all day.

Comment

Working...
                    X