Need help!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!!!!!!

I would like to attach a small light to my son's compound to luminate his pins for a night hog hunt we have scheduled this summer. I thought about attaching a thrill light or something like that. Any ideas to help the ole man out would be appreceated. Pics would be great help.
    Thanks

They do make a hog light that attaches to the stab hole of bows. If not interested in that, you can always ziptie one to the lower portion of your bow. I have done that in the past in a pinch.

Comment

Truglo makes a light that shines on the pins and the switch can be placed on the grip. I'd suggest getting oneof the sight lights and drill a hole in the pin guard and attach it permanently. You could tap the hole and screw it in or put washers and nuts above and below the pin guard and tighten them down.

Comment

Check out the Hunters Light on this link...it's the one CWILL is talking about, and I have seen it at various sporting goods stores.

Comment

I have the hunters light and actually let the bottom of the light beamhit my fiberoptics and use the rest of the light to shine on my target. it will light up a critter at 20yds.

Comment

I have seen someone use electric tape to attach a thill light to a sight. It seemed to work.

Comment

I would suggest the one that tru glo makes as well, I think Academy sells them for $10. Quick, easy and fairly cheep fix.

Comment

I'll check out academy out this weekend.
                thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Wal-mart has flash lights in the sporting goods section that have very bright led and some come with red lens covers. just zip-tie it to the stabilizer.

Comment

academy sells a flat key chain lights in red, green, blue and white. they are about 5 bucks. get one of them and piece of velcro with tape on the back. put a piece of tape on the light and the bow works great.

i also use those colored light to walk to my stand and to get settled. they are cheap and put out just enough light.

i keep a light clipped to my jacket and back pack so they are always handy

Comment

Be sure to do some target practice at night with the light before the hunt. Distances and aiming are different in the dark, add the adreniline from a hog in front. Practice makes perfect.

Comment

Ditto Tru-Glo at academy. You can buy the whole sight set with the light for $27 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                        X