Appraiser needed in the Texarkana-Shreveport area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appraiser needed in the Texarkana-Shreveport area

Trying to close on a rural property about 30 minutes east of Texarkana, hour north of Shreveport. I need an appraiser! I guess everyone is so busy, it's difficult finding an appraiser willing to make a drive.

Outstanding fishing and duck hunting, not that it matters.

Stand by
    Let me ask my family they live there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lab man
      Pm coming your way sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        Trying to close on a rural property about 30 minutes east of Texarkana, hour north of Shreveport. I need an appraiser! I guess everyone is so busy, it's difficult finding an appraiser willing to make a drive.

Outstanding fishing and duck hunting, not that it matters.
        I'm sure you know this already but if you are financing and doing so through a bank or regulated institution, you should let them order the appraisal. If not financing, I'm not sure why you would need one.

Then again, you be the Bank here, which would explain your question.

I can't help with the question, though. Best of luck.

Comment

If the property is in Louisiana I have an old HS friend in bossier that is an appraiser.

Pm if interested

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
            I'm sure you know this already but if you are financing and doing so through a bank or regulated institution, you should let them order the appraisal. If not financing, I'm not sure why you would need one.

Then again, you be the Bank here, which would explain your question.

I can't help with the question, though. Best of luck.
            This right here. If a customer brings me an appraisal I can't use it. If you are financing the bank has to run this trap.

Comment

Paying cash, well aware of the changes in the mortgage industry with respect to appraisal arms length relationship with lenders post 2008. May take out a loan in the future, hence the reason for the appraisal. Wanted a ballpark idea of current market value vs sales price.

Comment

I sold some land I owned in Texarkana, AR this year. Hired an appraiser before I put it on the market because I couldn’t find enough comps. I sold for 25% more than he said it was worth. That appraisal was worthless really.

With the market the way it is right now, it’s hard to put much stock in an appraiser’s opinion right now.

Comment

Originally posted by hardtner View Post
                  I sold some land I owned in Texarkana, AR this year. Hired an appraiser before I put it on the market because I couldn’t find enough comps. I sold for 25% more than he said it was worth. That appraisal was worthless really.

With the market the way it is right now, it’s hard to put much stock in an appraiser’s opinion right now.
                  This right here all day long and twice on Sunday. You (OP) are better off getting a ball park value from an independent broker, one that really knows the market. You just want to make sure you are not getting royaly screwed. If you hire an independent appraiser, they will ask for a copy of the purchase contract and the results will be equal to the purchase price, or darn close to it anyway. That appraisal will not have an impact on any future transaction, your cash-out refi included.

Comment

Is 3-4 weeks normal time? I'm needing one in Abilene for loan. Unfortuantely you have to go through a bank which is a racket. Last property I had to be appraised for loan came in at $4k/acre. I sold for $8k. Appraisers are worthless in my experience. They should be held to higher standards.

Comment

Congrats on the new place!

Comment

Working...
                      X