Covid hospital stay...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid hospital stay...

Finally got the bill of my portion from my Covid hospital stay last Aug. I've heard somewhere that hospitals weren't charging for Covid-related accounts or there were programs helping out with it.?
    Any valid info on any of that someone would share?

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
    Finally got the bill of my portion from my Covid hospital stay last Aug. I've heard somewhere that hospitals weren't charging for Covid-related accounts or there were programs helping out with it.?
    Any valid info on any of that someone would share?
    ???

Comment

We’ve had matches before with insurers. Each one of us knocking it back over the net until it went to collections. I’ve called em and they will knock huge chunks off the bill to settle. We wernt dodging paying our bill but you can’t ever tell who pays what now days. I would call billing, if you haven’t already done so, and see what they can offer you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        We’ve had matches before with insurers. Each one of us knocking it back over the net until it went to collections. I’ve called em and they will knock huge chunks off the bill to settle. We wernt dodging paying our bill but you can’t ever tell who pays what now days. I would call billing, if you haven’t already done so, and see what they can offer you.
        Same here. I pay my bills but when nearly everyone I talk to gets big discounts off their hospital bills, I wonder how. Called billing and the guy I talked to acted like he owned the hospital, no discounts, no lower balance with a cash payoff, just a payout plan of 36 mo. I guess he was the bouncer that was supposed to frighten everyone into paying the whole bill. Next time I call I'll ask for supvr. or keep calling till they give me something much better.

Comment

What happens if you just stop paying? They will usually kick it to a bill collector who will take 50 cents on the dollar.

Comment

There are medical bills audit companies who know how to navigate this. I would find one to assist.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
              What happens if you just stop paying? They will usually kick it to a bill collector who will take 50 cents on the dollar.
              This, again. Or maybe go there in person brother and try to speak to a supervisor in person. Hope it works out for y’all. Personally, I’ve always got some fire to put out, something broken to fix, an appointment to make or keep, etc , etc. constant cat juggling.

Comment

Pay a dollar a month.

Comment

Tell them you identify as an illegal alien and they should cover it 100%

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Tell them you identify as an illegal alien and they should cover it 100%
                    this!

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                      I haven't paid anything yet. Curious thing is, my 3-day stay was last Aug., the insurance paid about a month later and the hospital finally sends the bill which I get on 4/13, due date is 4/16 ! Kinda ticks me off. Then the guy I talk to in Billing wants to play hardball with me. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X