No announcement yet.

"Brownwood" vs "Tilden" Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt about it. Tilden better chance of growing 200 inch deer. Nutrition, age and genetics already there. Better trophy minded hunters. i m o

Comment

Bought a small place in Tilden last year and absolutely love it. Lots of game and some solid bucks. Getting used to the dry, summer heat and gnats but hunting season weather is great. We left the hill country in search of better bucks and found it (see avatar). But, if you are looking for recreation/scenery and not primarily hunting may not be for you.

Comment

675 acre listing south of Tilden is one to look at. My parents went and looked at and they really liked it. I wanted to get some guys to go in and buy it a few months ago but it was already under contract. It is cheaper then the one north of town and it is bigger. Country gets tougher the further south you go from town but this place has some cool features with plateaus that are some of the highest points in the county. Worth a look. A guy bought it a couple months ago. He is trying to flip it but he is not being unreasonable with his ask. I think it is $1.895MM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          675 acre listing south of Tilden is one to look at. My parents went and looked at and they really liked it. I wanted to get some guys to go in and buy it a few months ago but it was already under contract. It is cheaper then the one north of town and it is bigger. Country gets tougher the further south you go from town but this place has some cool features with plateaus that are some of the highest points in the county. Worth a look. A guy bought it a couple months ago. He is trying to flip it but he is not being unreasonable with his ask. I think it is $1.895MM.

That looks like a cool place. I think the OP should go buy it.

Comment

Out of curiosity, could someone post a link to those properties?

Comment

I love Brown and Eastland County. Nice deer in that area.

Comment

I live in Brown County, but love hunting down south. Hunted atascosa and goliad for past 30 years. Love the variety of wildlife down there, especially the dove and quail.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                  That looks like a cool place. I think the OP should go buy it.
                  Ha. I have looked at both of those places on lands of texas about 100 times. I love what I see and love that area. I'm pushing to at least go look at them but unfortunately the rest of my family is more set on heading north. I won't be upset either way though.

Comment

Oh and if you really want to get your blood flowing, Jack Brittingham has his place for sale on lands of texas but the price is listed wrong. At least I assume it is wrong because there is no way that place is going for that little. I'm thinking there is a least a 1 missing from the front of the number but maybe more. It is an amazing place that if the price was correct on lands of texas I may sell an arm and kidney to buy....

Comment

If leaning towards hill country but wanting to stay in a 3hr window, - maybe check out Menard county, or eastern Schleicher co too.

Some areas have been very subdivided out there, but the bigger places in the rolling oak country will have a lot of game. Not big deer but high numbers, pretty landscape.
                      I hunted near Fort McKavitt as a kid, and thought this listing looked cool. I don’t know anything about it though.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                        Bought a small place in Tilden last year and absolutely love it. Lots of game and some solid bucks. Getting used to the dry, summer heat and gnats but hunting season weather is great. We left the hill country in search of better bucks and found it (see avatar). But, if you are looking for recreation/scenery and not primarily hunting may not be for you.
                        I guess that would be a plus for us with the Tilden area. We are already used to the dry and heat being in Uvalde. Oh and can't forget the gnats and mosquitos in November and sometimes December. That wouldn't be a change lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                          Oh and if you really want to get your blood flowing, Jack Brittingham has his place for sale on lands of texas but the price is listed wrong. At least I assume it is wrong because there is no way that place is going for that little. I'm thinking there is a least a 1 missing from the front of the number but maybe more. It is an amazing place that if the price was correct on lands of texas I may sell an arm and kidney to buy....
                          The sale of Jack Brittingham's place is only for a 1/4th interest

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                            Out of curiosity, could someone post a link to those properties?

Here you go

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                              The sale of Jack Brittingham's place is only for a 1/4th interest
                              Just curious, how does that work if you know? The place is over 5k acres so you really only have 1k acres? Or you only get to use it 3 mo out of the year? Either way that is out of my ballpark but just curious how a 1/4 interest works.

You just made me go back and look at both of those for the 101st time....

Comment

Neither......My vote goes to Pearsall!

Comment

Working...
                                X