• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

open sights Im 66

Comment

2x Leupold is hard to beat

Comment

Red Dot on Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter, .44Mag. Scope on Ruger Super Redhawk,454 Casull. Open sights on Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley .454 Casull.

Comment

My arms are too long for the short eye relief on pistol scopes. I tried a 2x7 leupold on mine but am changing to reflex sight.

Comment

Red dot on the 44. Last year it was perfect for a 60 yard shot. 2-7 scope on Contender 7-30 Waters.

Comment

I run a 2x Leupold on my m29 classic hunter, it does anything I need it to do out to 100 with the 8-3/8” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

She’s a hammer! Close to 30 years old and still in perfect condition despite frequent use.

Comment

My 460 is scoped with a Buris but I will be swapping to red dot

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                    She’s a hammer! Close to 30 years old and still in perfect condition despite frequent use.

That's nice, been looking for one like that for years.

Comment

You will probably need to do some hunting with the gun, to figure out what you like and don't like. I used to have a scoped Super Blackhawk, after a year or two, I removed the scope, it was too bulky for me. I could easily shoot 1/2" groups at 50 yards with it, with the scope, but I decided a revolver was more useful to me without a scope. I scoped my T/C Contenders and never put a scope on a revolver, after that first time. If the bulk is not an issue, they can be very accurate, the range the gun is good for, depends on the shooter.

I have noticed that scoped handguns are really making a comeback. It was big back in the 80s, then faded. I love scoped single shot pistols, but I now prefer revolvers to have open sights. Again my suggestion, is make a decision, then go do some hunting with the gun. After you have hunted with it for a year or so, you will know what works for you.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but if you are hunting and your battery dies, isn’t a red dot useless?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                          Correct me if I am wrong, but if you are hunting and your battery dies, isn’t a red dot useless?

Yep, but they usually last a long time. But it does happen, and when it does, you have a nice clear open lens to look through, with nothing to reference off of. I have only used them on ARs and 22s, for the two or three years, I used cheap red dots on those guns, I did not really have much of a problem. But with the cheap red dots I was using, once they killed the first battery, they would go through every battery I put in them after that point, very quickly. So that's why I removed, both, from my guns. But I am pretty sure, if you buy, good quality red dots, the batteries dying quickly, after three years probably is not a issue.

Comment

Mine

Here's mine. I like the scope look.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Pistol Hunters

Running a FX-ii handgun in 4x28 on my TC 44 Mag. Don’t care for red dots due to parallax and the large dot which impacts shooting accuracy at 100 yards.

Comment

My lil 10mm hog hammer. Hogs are not a fan of the 10mm, and neither are deer.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X