What's the next big thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the next big thing

As we sit on the sideline and watch yeti develope. I can't help but think, what's next? It doesn't have to be outdoor related. I just want to know your idea of the next big thing. I would love to be a part of it and watch it grow.

Ok you hearty fans of capitalism. What's the next big thing?

I have a lot of things in the works....non of which I will mention on the internet

Comment

plastics

Comment

Lol

Comment

screen less touch screen, automated cars/transport, 3d printing applications

Comment

developing a wireless network controlled broadcaster system which you can use your smartphone to control the broadcaster, spin times, battery usuage, gauge the amount of feed you are using, alert you to low feed levels, etc!
            Gonna be a sneaky way of spinning the feed out of the feeder from the stand!

Comment

I'm still waiting on someone to build a gas can that doesent spill gas every time you pour it and a coon proof feeder!

Comment

Wireless thin clients, cloud computing, home automation, electric cars/battery technology, automated food service, database-driven/protocal-based healthcare...

Comment

Home TV systems that will act as the core data mine for the house and autos. You roll the high tech car into the driveway, it will validate and download updates. Appliances, smart devices and any peripheral tied to you will be managed from the PICTURE BOX. Online banking, automatic bill payments, utilities....you home will become an IP VERSION 6 Entity on the Interweb, which will include the family web site and media center. This system will allow or disallow anything with intelligence. Outside commerce, groceries, pharmacy orders, banking...it will all tie in. Medical checkups will become more SKYPE like with a secure link to your doctor and heart rate ,temperature and weight will be gathered for a first stage analysis. If it's deemed you need to go into the practice, this is stage two.

Homes will start to become self aware. They will monitor activity, infrared and carbon, and make adjustments to conserve and or increase use. They will start to trend your lifestyle comfort zone choices, and make adjustments automatically.

Government owned buildings will start to leverage solar panel power grids. This will be back filled into the local community as an electrical resource.

Sewage and gray water will be recycled and filtered many times, to be reused in the home. Some of these systems will use complex piping systems to cool and or heat water with less power. The PICTURE BOX will manage and monitor.

Homes in tornado stricken regions, will have the ability to leverage Doppler and warning systems for household protection. They may even go as far as linking up captured weather data, and provide much needed weather information to collection centers for those that are mobile and need pre-plan alerting.

Farming will become a world-wide grid of weather and environmental monitoring grids. That can read factors that yield the best crop delivery based on known soil qualities, environmental qualities, and forecasting world-wide food commerce will analyze this data. This data will be used to drive feeding the masses, and trends analyzed over time, can then become Stock Market data, helping to drive investment and development to better deliver food to needy countries not blessed with qualities desirable for particular ag products. An example, a drought in California may impact wheat or fruit s but, another region of the world may show signs of excellent conditions to invest in covering this loss, with a gain elsewhere. The world will become more connected to feed the masses.

The delivery of fertilizers and pesticides will monitor wind, temp moisture (soil and air) and robotic farming systems will deploy these products, automatically, using GPS tracking, in the best delivery environment to control excess loss and maximum delivery based on the chemical release formulations of these products. Farmers will become more automated and wireless networks, covering strictly agricultural grids will feed into the world-wide food commerce network.

Saltwater will be pumped and desalinated by oil and gas companies, using burn off of existing oil sites, generating the fuel to power the steam to turn the pumps. This may even leverage small nuclear powered pumps, strategically staged to burn for years as the Ocean's water supply is used to irrigate and provide much needed water supplies to regions that can support these operations.

Shrimping will begin in arid regions, hundreds of miles from the coast. Farm raised saltwater fish will too, become a product of land based fishery resources.
                  Last edited by AtTheWall; 05-18-2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    I'm still waiting on someone to build a gas can that doesent spill gas every time you pour it and a coon proof feeder!
                    We had some of those gas cans not to far back, but then the gubment decided we weren't wasting enough and regulated our cans.

Comment

Flying car, teleportation

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        Google VP racing fuel cans....make sure you only use them for racing fuel only though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                          Google VP racing fuel cans....make sure you only use them for racing fuel only though.
                          I use VP cans for everything

No racing fuel though haha

Comment

Ships will start to become more economical. Electrical engines will run off diesels and provide the power to propulsion. Using locomotive styled design, the efficiency of fuel burn will be increased.

Ship designs will become more hands free and ship navigation will be more automated. Shore based control systems may come into play, where a large ship will navigate the stretches of the ocean with remote management. The onboard crew will provide engineering support and hands on assistance to provide to stricken vessels.

Pilots will fly and or sail onboard as these huge beasts close the coast, saving shipping companies weeks of onboard Captain dependency. The last few miles will have a Captain.

Comment

Skynet

Comment

Working...
                              X