Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venice fishing and long road trip ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venice fishing and long road trip ideas.

I may be going on a long road trip next summer. Trying to decide if I want to stop in Venice for a day or two.

Do they run any cheaper party boat type fishing trips there? We don't want to pay $1,500+ for an offshore trip. It's just the wife and myself.

Is there much to see around Venice? Piers to fish off of that are not over crowded where one can actually catch something?

Should be going in early June. Heading up to the great lakes for a couple weeks but taking our time getting there. Any towns going up to Michigan that I should stop/stay at?

When I was there last year a boat came in that looked like a small party boat, I'm sure the marina would know.

Comment

Headed out to Venice on the 28th for some red fishing. I’ll try to remember and post up

Comment

There is not much to see around there.....You are at the end of the world down there. You can do an inshore trip for much less then offshore. Great trout and reds. I don't think there is much in the way of piers to fish off of that you would actually catch anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          There is not much to see around there.....You are at the end of the world down there. You can do an inshore trip for much less then offshore. Great trout and reds. I don't think there is much in the way of piers to fish off of that you would actually catch anything.

*****this****

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
            There is not much to see around there.....You are at the end of the world .
            X 100 ... literally the end of the road.

IMO, the greatest fishing estuary in the world

Comment

The answers to your questions are no, no and no.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Absolutely the best there is. Wish I could buy a camp down there.

Comment

Look up Venice Fishing Lodge....tremendous guides, awesome lodge and incredible food.

Comment

I love fishing in Venice but there is NOTHING to see in the line of sightseeing. Inshore trips for specks and reds are worth the trip though.

Comment

Cajun Blake is spot on with the best fishing in the world.

Careful on your speed getting down there. Use to be, and I bet there still is, a speed trap.

If you've ever watched Bill Dance Saltwater, then you've seen Bill fish with a guide Mike Fernette.

You can see if he has an opening for when you want to go, if he doesn't I'm sure he'll refer you to another guide in Vence

Comment

Cajun Blake is spot on with the best fishing in the world.

Careful on your speed getting down there. Use to be, and I bet there still is, a speed trap.

If you've ever watched Bill Dance Saltwater, then you've seen Bill fish with a guide Mike Fernette.

You can see if he has an opening for when you want to go, if he doesn't I'm sure he'll refer you to another guide in Vence

And I hate to post this, but if Covid isn't dealt with don't bother stopping in New Orleans. The current Mayor has all the bars closed. No idea how my BIL is making it as he's been shut down since March.

Comment

Paradise Plus Guide Service

Ask for Anthony. I think we've been with him 8 times now. Luckily, he's married to my cousin! He's the absolute best there is.

There is NO sight seeing down there. Unless you like watching ships go up and down the Mississippi.

Comment

Thanks. I'll avoid Venice then since it's just the wife and I.

I'll try and load a map tomorrow that shows the rough route we plan to take and get opinions on places and things to do along the way. Should be a +/- 3 week trip Longer if we can find a house swap partner.

Comment

Working...
                            X