Bulleit Bourbon and Snake Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else have any issues with losing their snake boots right off their foot when they drink Bulleit bourbon in South Texas? Does this happen everywhere, or just in McMullen County?

Lost a pair of socks one time to Busch light...... kinda the same?

Comment

Saul a man have a severe twitch in his arm after a bottle of crown royal. The twitch made his cell phone Fly right into the fire. He regretted that last drink that he made. Horrible whiskey reflexes

Comment

no but it's made me lose a stack of bills at the strip club. A few times it made it where I couldn't drive so a big, ugly girl was nice enough to get me home safely and make sure I didn't sleep in my going out clothes.

Comment

I hear it will buck you out of your chair, trap you in quick sand and put you to bed before 8:30...

Waiting for BM to confirm...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
            I hear it will buck you out of your chair, trap you in quick sand and put you to bed before 8:30...

Waiting for BM to confirm...[emoji23]

Make you get in bed in muddy shorts and sleep right through a fine gumbo dinner too if I understand the effects correctly.

Comment

Light weights

Comment

Makes 1 dove look like 4. When it makes you see an even number, it's impossible to shoot the one in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Light weights
                  Let's not rush to judgement....there could be a perfectly logical explanation to it all.

Comment

I think I may have heard yall Saturday evening lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                      I think I may have heard yall Saturday evening lol.
                      Well, the **** talking was definitely louder than the gunfire!

Comment

I think he took me a little to serious when I said “You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning “

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                          I think he took me a little to serious when I said “You can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning “

Don't know if it's serious, but it's an accurate statement!

Comment

Sounds like a great story....if it were all true!

Okay fellers. Y'all caught me at a very bad time. I'm going to blame it on very little sleep and y'all slipping some roofies into my Yeti cup!

I've been known to tie one on now and then...but nothing like that since my Marine Corps days.

The good news: I got 10 good hours of sleep, woke up and made great shots on two WT does. The bad news: I missed a bunch of birds, found out that gravity is a byatch, lost a boot to a stock tank, and woke up with muddy clothes. I also missed the Saturday night camp shenanigans and the gumbo!

Back to the hunting report:

I got a very generous invite from Jason (AccuracyInc) to come hunt with him and DamonJ at their McMullen County ranch. Talk about a good time and a much needed break from the work grind.

On Friday evening I got overtaken by some aggressive cows. One decided to come into the feeder pen and have her way with a mineral block. Me and the red ryder got her straight after about a pound of BBs.

Saturday morning I shot a doe. My bottom cam or something hit the wall of the Krivoman blind and the arrow was way off. I knew something happened because I'm usually a decent shot. Arrow had some hair and fat on it and the dog found no signs of a deer and no blood on the ground.

Lots of great food and hydration going on Friday and Saturday.

Saturday evening it started really warming up and four of us headed to a tank to shoot some doves. I've never been dove hunting so i was excited like a fat kid at a gumbo cookoff.

I made an awesome shot on the first bird and he dropped. Found him, put him in the vest, and then most of the next hour or so was like a skeet shoot at the Tilden School for the Blind. At some point, drinking seemed more fun than shooting, so that's what I did. And then the details get fuzzy. Jason was a gentleman host and didn't take advantage of me and made sure I made it to bed to sleep the sleep of the dead.

I woke up at 5 Sunday morning and was ready to rock and roll.

Feeders started going off around 7. Big 10 came in. Misc. bucks came in. Then some does. I had to wait a long time to get a shot on a doe that didn't have a deer behind it. Drew back several times and let down.

Finally one got right and I drew the Bowtech Prodigy (in beautiful Kryptek Camo) and sent a slick trick through both lungs. She ran straight away from me and disappeared in the tall grass. I calmed down and waited for something to come back in.

For some reason I decided to look out a side window at the pig feeder that was outside the blind. 4 does under it! I opened the window about half way and it made it a noise. They all started staring at me so I froze like a democrat looking at a job application. A minute or so later they got comfy and I opened the window the rest of the way. I got out of the window view and drew my bow. I slowly leaned forward and picked out a skillet head that was broadside. Tripped the release and made a perfect double lunger. I thought i saw her looking for a place to die when she went out of sight in the grass.

DamonJ showed up soon. We went and recovered another deer that his guest had killed and then went back and found my two deer with no problem. They went about 40 yards and 60 yards. I had redeemed my self from the sh&t show shot on Friday night.

Everyone helped me clean and quarter the deer and it was soon time to drive back to the Houston metro mess.

What a generous invite, great group of guys, and an absolutely amazing time.

My picture taking sucked...I was too busy having fun. But here's a few.
                            Last edited by Chew; 10-19-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Chew; 10-19-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X