"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckiefer045 View Post
    Now, I've never hunted anything besides birds on public land here in Texas, and I'm pretty new to bow hunting, but can somebody realy calim a "spot" on public lands? I can understand not using sombody's gear that they left set up. I might even try avoid hunting around somebody's feeder. But is it really bad form to hunt the same area if nobody else is hunting it at the moment?
    The reason I ask is because I was thinknb bout giving Granger a try, and I wouldn't want to step on any toes, or even worse get shot ;-)

Carl I can get with you later, ill take you out and show you the ropes brother! Now all you have to do is guess who this is! Good to see you get into bowhunting! PM me your cell#

Comment

should be heading out Sat morning to Pecan unit, got some more tactics i wanna try.

anyone been out there lately?

Comment

hopefully me and Viper3853 get one.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Didn't know that TPWD is going to turn the reins over to Corp of Engineers. Where can I get permit from COE? Any idea.... planning to go there, starting in Sept.

Comment

same ole same ole 2011-2012 then it changes, from what I understand

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
                Didn't know that TPWD is going to turn the reins over to Corp of Engineers. Where can I get permit from COE? Any idea.... planning to go there, starting in Sept.
                Found the answer.

4. How do I obtain a Corps of Engineers hunting permit?

Corps hunting permits are issued at individual lake offices and are valid only at the lake where issued. Hunters are advised to call or write to Corps lake offices to obtain hunting information, maps, and permit applications. Hunters who are required by state law to complete a Hunting Education training course must present proof of course completion and, if 18 years or older, will be required to sign a Corps of Engineers Waiver of Liability statement. Persons age 12-17 are eligible to obtain a permit, but can only hunt under the immediate supervision of an authorized supervising adult accompanying them at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
                  same ole same ole 2011-2012 then it changes, from what I understand
                  Oh that starts in 2012 Fall... hummmm.....

Comment

yea its in the tpw books for 2012

Comment

The corps permits are free at most lakes, so you won't have to spend $48 for the APH permit unless you hunt other TP&W property.

Comment

went out Sun morning, shot a racoon, didnt find him but i heard him ticked off with an arrow in his chest!! saw a paraplegic piglet 5 yards away dragging his two back legs, he didnt mind me being there close to him, looked like momma prob rolled over his back legs or something. i didnt have the heart to shoot him and wasnt gonna get any meat off of it. looking back i shouldve just put an arrow throw him. i wouldve been shooting at the head cause there wasnt miuch body on it. got some pics of some piglets on the trail cam coming out at about 10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by viper3853 View Post
                          went out Sun morning, shot a racoon, didnt find him but i heard him ticked off with an arrow in his chest!! saw a paraplegic piglet 5 yards away dragging his two back legs, he didnt mind me being there close to him, looked like momma prob rolled over his back legs or something. i didnt have the heart to shoot him and wasnt gonna get any meat off of it. looking back i shouldve just put an arrow throw him. i wouldve been shooting at the head cause there wasnt miuch body on it. got some pics of some piglets on the trail cam coming out at about 10pm.

Shot me a coon also saturday night, but not at Granger. I had gone out saturday but didnt post cause of getting redirected to another site thing. I went to Pecan down by the river and walked a little ways but wasnt long before it was too hot and walked right up on a snake. It wasnt my best idea since my foot is broken. Could have been lots worse snake guards are a must.

Comment

Muzzy100 is right one more year with APH permit.

Comment

gonna head out Sat morning hopefuly to pecan unit.

Comment

Be careful Viper. Didnt take me long to walk on a snake.

Comment

Working...
                                X