No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston Natl. Forest 10/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disregard my earlier question about hunting hogs after sundown. I found my answer in the Map Booklet. It's a no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by daveally View Post
      Went out in the forest today and actually ventured off of the trails. What do y'all think of these places?
      Good spot... we killed two good ones out of that spot at the beginning of last month...

Kody

Comment

Hey Daveally glad you found your answer. Guys Just an FYI.Make sure you read and know the game laws in the National forest because quit often they differ from state or county regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
          Hey Daveally glad you found your answer. Guys Just an FYI.Make sure you read and know the game laws in the National forest because quit often they differ from state or county regulations.
          HotRod...I go by the rules in the Map Booklet they sent to my house and if there's any question or doubt, I refer to the booklet they have at Academy. But I'm curious to know if you have any examples you can share.

Comment

Daveally besides no hunting at night, you must always wear hunter orange while hunting any thing any where except in the archery only areas I even wear mine Scouting in off season . And Even though Walker, Montgomery and other counties are 2 Buck Counties You are only allowed 1 Buck in the WMA or SHNF.I'm sure there are other Differences in the regulations But quickly off the top of my head those are a few and I'm sure others can add more examples.

Comment

Daveally besides no hunting at night, you must always wear hunter orange while hunting any thing any where except in the archery only areas I even wear mine Scouting in off season . And Even though Walker, Montgomery and other counties are 2 Buck Counties You are only allowed 1 Buck in the WMA or SHNF.I'm sure there are other Differences in the regulations But quickly off the top of my head those are a few and I'm sure others can add more examples.
              OK, I knew about those. Another one is 'no baiting'. At least in the SHNF anyhow. And for the record...I wear my orange every time I go out there regardless of whether or not I'm in an archery only area or not. Better safe than sorry.

Comment

I was under the impression that you had to wear hunter orange regardless of which area your hunting in, unless your hunting waterfowl....

Comment

KSIG, you are required to wear orange any time gun hunting has an open season. Since varmint and hogs can be hunted with a gun year round, that means any time. However, in the bow only sections there are no open season for guns ever (hence bow only) so no, you do not have to wear orange in a bow only section. I called and confirmed this with both TPW and a SHFN ranger.

Eagle

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles1181 View Post
                    KSIG, you are required to wear orange any time gun hunting has an open season. Since varmint and hogs can be hunted with a gun year round, that means any time. However, in the bow only sections there are no open season for guns ever (hence bow only) so no, you do not have to wear orange in a bow only section. I called and confirmed this with both TPW and a SHFN ranger.

Eagle
                    Nice to know ,, But to be on the safe side I think I might continue to wear it.

Comment

Daveally i was on blackberry and thinking off top of my head when responding the time before your absolutely right no baiting is allowed either. i'm sure there may be other items also I'm just trying to make it aware to new comers to not just go by state regulations fore hunting the SHNF .

Comment

Id like to do some scouting with yall if you don't mind a new guy tagging along.

Comment

I don't mind. I will post up when I head out there.

Comment

You guys want to try and get out there one of these weekends in june ?

Comment

Depends on which one, but that sounds good to me.

Comment

Works for me I'm free most weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X