.45 v 10mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.45 v 10mm

I know there are lots of pistol threads floating around but I can't search on my phone. As a general purpose carry round and something to have at the ranch which would you pick.

45 , ammo availability . . .

Comment

Personally I prefer the 45ACP. Same basic size as a 10mm but travels a little slower so there is less chance of over penetration. Also, you can pick up 45ACP pretty much anywhere.

If I remember what I read the FBI was the first agency to adopt the 10mm but they ran into problems with over penetration and soon switched to the 40SW.

On the lease I always carry my .357 with snake shot and a speed loader with jacketed hollow points.

Comment

10mm with some Cor-bon loads. It will put anything down!

Comment

Barring ammo availability/expense

Comment

45. reliability, price and availability

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
              45. reliability, price and availability
              See above ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
                Personally I prefer the 45ACP. Same basic size as a 10mm but travels a little slower so there is less chance of over penetration. Also, you can pick up 45ACP pretty much anywhere.

If I remember what I read the FBI was the first agency to adopt the 10mm but they ran into problems with over penetration and soon switched to the 40SW.

On the lease I always carry my .357 with snake shot and a speed loader with jacketed hollow points.
                that isnt correct. totally opposite as a matter fact.
                you should read up on why the 10mm was chosen and why the FBI 10mm load created the 40 S&W.

Comment

1 of each!

Comment

Dahmer is back?? Forget the ammo/gun, that's big news!!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                      Went through a rough patch in life and I am back now! I am now legally disabled and having seizures, but I am actually doin better now!

Comment

If you have a 10 you have the ammo for it. Availability means improper planning because leaving ammo at home is tantamount to being irresponsible! The 10 is no less reliable than 45 or 9 or 40 so that argmument is out. Id prefer to carry my 10 because its sexier and jarder hitting :-)

Comment

10mm all the way. I use Buffalo Bore ammo and it has 887 lbs of energy at 25 yards or less.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxPPbQc4FQ"]YouTube - 45 ACP vs. 10mm - you choose[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                              Thats what I was thinking! Hope all gets better for you Dahmer.

As for the OP .45 for reasons stated above, availability and reliability.

Comment

Working...
                              X