No announcement yet.

"Official" Sam Houston Natl. Forest 10/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a beautiful evening. little overcast, steady north wind, no mosquitos, cool tempature, leaves changing colors, birds singing and......NO STINKING DEER!!!!!!!!!!! Some one please put a deer's picture on a milk carton because they are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
      what a beautiful evening. little overcast, steady north wind, no mosquitos, cool tempature, leaves changing colors, birds singing and......NO STINKING DEER!!!!!!!!!!! Some one please put a deer's picture on a milk carton because they are missing.
      I was out there this evening as well, didn't see a thing, I think it was too windy for them to get out....

Comment

how do you post pics? I keep trying but it tells me a "security token" is missing....?

Comment

Hit up the woods this AM and the deer (and hogs) were moving... Blew a chance on my way out on a sounder of pigs (4-5).... came up on them at about 40 yards and didn't realize what i was looking at until it was too late. Had a buck chase a group of does past me out of range as well. The rut may have just turned on after this small front and the moon phase.

Kody

Comment

Went this afternoon saw 4 does and bought 25 pigs

Comment

Headin out!

Feels great - so optimistic I grabbed 3 extra arrows! We'll see.

Comment

sounds like we are getting more movement after this front. Can't wait to get out this weekend. Good luck all!

Comment

Come on TOMORROW!!!
                  Piney woods Have you resized the pic? Then when posting hit the go advanced tab, and then click on the paperclip to add pics. Upload the pic and then come back and insert the pic where you want it. Somewhere there is a tutorial. But if the computer is saying your missing something, then I got nothing.
                  Last edited by huntinfool; 10-29-2010, 08:17 AM.

Comment

This should be a good weekend. Coldfrot coming in and the rut starting shoud get things moving. I will be there Saturday afternood and Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      Come on TOMORROW!!!
                      Piney woods Have you resized the pic? Then when posting hit the go advanced tab, and then click on the paperclip to add pics. Upload the pic and then come back and insert the pic where you want it. Somewhere there is a tutorial. But if the computer is saying your missing something, then I got nothing.
                      Thanks HNF, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm not very computer savvy so I'm sure its something simple. I will be at my spot in the morning, hoping to atleast get a doe before gun season.

Comment

Best of luck tomorrow guys. Looking forward to when I can get back out on Sunday.

Eagle

Comment

Well I am set up high in the tree. I wanted to get here a bit early to let things settle down. I checked the wind at the truck...south, perfect. I get to my tree and climb up....north wind. Crap. hopefully once the sun comes up it will change again. I set out a camera, but am going to move it after the hunt. Good luck to those that are out. I'll update as I can. Right now it is nap time!

Comment

HOLY COW! The woods around me just went nuckin futs! I have had 5 or 6 deer come trotting by me some grunting some not. Plus I have had two encounters with the black squirrel, almost gave me a shot. I'm going to hunt all day. But there is a better trail I may move to. All the deer were on it. They used it last week too. Gotta go!

Comment

Good luck HF!

Comment

Trent just showed up, I am already in my stand. I moved again, we will see what happens tonight. I think tomorrow is going to be off the hook!

Comment

Working...
                                X