No announcement yet.

trying anything new this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After three years of shooting with whisker biscuit, no peep and a red dot I decided to change it up a bit.

New Ripcord Code Red Rest
    New TruGlo Microbrite sight
    Barricuda string/cable
    nighthawk peep

So far I really like the setup but havent hunted with it yet.

Comment

SteelForce Phatheads... 125 grain

Comment

Going to build a platform for my popup- 10' in a big oak with mesquite all around. Hopefully it will keep our scent in better than eye level with the smart does that we have. Going to setup 40 yds away from my feeder as well to keep the deer from "circling" down wind to bust me. Ill hand corn in my shooting lanes out to 25 yds. the deer on our place love hand corn anyway. same archery setup (07 SBXT, 340 FMJ, 4 Blade Muzzy, Extreme sights.) except going with a Scott Little Bitty Goose release instead of a truball T-Handle. Hopefully Ill get my first P&Y this year or Im not shooting a buck. Did not kill a buck last year just a doe so Im really pumped to get in the stand

Comment

All new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 3pairs12 View Post
            Yep new Athens accomplice with Bo Doodle Pro Lite rest. Sight and arrows still unsure. Prolly some Epic arra. May try Shuttle T broadheads this year.
            Holly cow buddy! Been holding out on me huh?

I just got picked up on staff by Forge Slipstream Arrows this weekend, i got 1/2 dozen fletched last night and i will be tuning later this week............Will be Hunting from the all New PHS from Maxey Trailers

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
              I've got a new release and love it, Tru Fire Edge. I've always hunted from ground blinds; tent and box. I'm on a place now where I going to put up a tree stand. Not sure what type yet most likely a ladder stand.
              I also just switched to edge. Good switch so far.

I will be shooting the three blade meat seekers this year. Also a new cbe single pin scope with no glass. Been shooting Beman ics hunter 300's that have been shooting good for 3d but I need to paper tune before I put on the b-heads.

Comment

Originally posted by dccytclr View Post
                Going to build a platform for my popup- 10' in a big oak with mesquite all around.
                post some pics of that please

Comment

I'm gonna give the Magnus Buzzcuts a try this year. That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solocam16 View Post
                    I'm gonna give the Magnus Buzzcuts a try this year. That's about it.
                    you wont be disappointed. i have been using them for years and always keep them in my quiver. i really dont know anyone who had used them and doesnt like them

Comment

Nothin new for me this year except a new elk spot. We're puttin out a camera or two next weekend to see what's around.

Still shootin my Destroyer 340, GT Hunters 5575, 2 Blade Rage setup. Can't change something when the mojo is workin for ya!

Comment

Switched my site, just because! I wanted something newer. I couldn't afford a new bow, so I just changed up some stuff and added some colors. I purchased all new dampeners from Mathews, all in blue. I put on a blue and white string/cables, blue and white wrist sling, switched to Easton FMJ (from Beman MFX) and went with blue and white Fusion vanes and blue and white flames for the arrow wraps. I think that's about it. Otherwise, still hunting public land, using the same camo, and scent control. I will be moving around a bit more this year trying to find different areas to hunt on those said public lands.

Comment

Just replaced the arrow rest to arrow bisect. Got Trophy Ridge, nothing fancy. Just realized that I have to redo the notch aligment.

Comment

New Tru Glo Grad Slam sights .19 pins..

Comment

I'd like to try a decoy.Buck or doe but I an't to sure about it.

Comment

trying new spot in kansas and bought a new G5 movable pin but ain't got brave enough to swap yet. hard to break old habits.

Comment

Working...
                                X