X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked my schedule and I'm off those days

Comment

Larry,

SAB wasnt able to make it and as such this weekends' trip was cancelled. Good luck out there if you end up going. I will not be out there this weekend but I will be there later in the season. If anybody is looking to go later, send me a PM if you want company.

Good luck,
      Chris

Comment

I'll be out there the 19th-24th Dec.Haven't heard back from Dahmer whether he's going or not.

DJ

Comment

I was asked to go by a group from a fishing site before I found this one. If you want I will send you my cell number maybe we can meet up. If it goes well I might make more trips.

trouttracker

Comment

I completely forgot about this thread! My sister has my hunting buddy, the brother-in-law on lock down all year so I haven't been able to make any trips to Amistad this year. I'm looking to tag along with somebody for some November trips and if we could go during the week that would be even better. I have a bay boat also that I wouldn't mind bringing down there to sneak into the backside of some of these units with minimal effort and also makes things super easy to get the game out, just drag to the nearest water from where it fell and walk back and bring the boat around. Froze my tail off on our 4 trips last year sleeping in the tent but had a blast every time.

Comment

Originally posted by trouttracker View Post
              i was asked to go by a group from a fishing site before i found this one. If you want i will send you my cell number maybe we can meet up. If it goes well i might make more trips.

Trouttracker
              tkf?

Comment

yes it is the group from tkf

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                  I'll be out there the 19th-24th Dec.Haven't heard back from Dahmer whether he's going or not.

DJ
                  I will be there trying to trade guiding services for food. The rut should be really fired up around then.

Comment

For some reason people like to scout the area at 5pm in blue jeans and bluetooths. So be ready for some of that. If your gonna hunt 5 and plan to spot and stalk... Good luck. The deer will be running from you before you realize what's goin on, not to mention you wil ruin alot of other peoples hunts. I know it's public land and you can hunt how you please within the scope of the law. Just keep the other hunters in mind. I'm local and I always hunt 5, my buddies and I see the good the bad and the ugly. Bring good camo, Hunt the wind and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dahmer View Post
                      I will be there trying to trade guiding services for food. The rut should be really fired up around then.
                      Dahmer

Can you get there on the 18th? I would be interested in that trade for the 18th thru the 21st I'm off work those days. What kind of lodging are thinking about? I have a pop-up but not sure If I wanna drag down there or just tent camp it. We'd need to stay at an RV park anyway cause I dont have a generator. Mine quit on me

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                        Dahmer

Can you get there on the 18th? I would be interested in that trade for the 18th thru the 21st I'm off work those days. What kind of lodging are thinking about? I have a pop-up but not sure If I wanna drag down there or just tent camp it. We'd need to stay at an RV park anyway cause I dont have a generator. Mine quit on me
                        We already got Dahmer set up with a bed and groceries.We're probably gonna head there on the 18th after work.This is gonna be a blast.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by TxTwister View Post
                          For some reason people like to scout the area at 5pm in blue jeans and bluetooths. So be ready for some of that. If your gonna hunt 5 and plan to spot and stalk... Good luck. The deer will be running from you before you realize what's goin on, not to mention you wil ruin alot of other peoples hunts. I know it's public land and you can hunt how you please within the scope of the law. Just keep the other hunters in mind. I'm local and I always hunt 5, my buddies and I see the good the bad and the ugly. Bring good camo, Hunt the wind and good luck!
                          Hey,thanks for commenting on this thread and insulting folks you don't even know.We'll try to hunt in a manor that meets your approval.

DJ
                          Last edited by DJM; 11-16-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                            Hey,thanks for commenting on this thread and insulting folks you don't even know.We'll try to hunt in a manor that meets your approval.

DJ
                            Not trying to insult anyone. I'm Just giving the guys traveling in a heads up on what to expect. Like I said people can hunt anyway they like, I have no problem with that, but it's the means in which they do it in. That's what's frustrating to all the guys who put in the time here.

Again, good camo, hunt the wind and good luck.

Comment

Not trying to insult anyone. I'm Just giving the guys traveling in a heads up on what to expect. Like I said people can hunt anyway they like, I have no problem with that, but it's the means in which they do it in. That's what's frustrating to all the guys who put in the time here.

I can somewhat understand your frustrations, But lets go easy on the the people we don't know yet. I have had way more positive experiences out there than bad ones. Now there are some real retards out there, but they usually won't put forth the effort the hunt the rugged areas I like. So they really cause me no problems.

Stand hunting, spot and stalk, and even deer drives are all effective out there at the right times, And I use them all to my advantage when I can. If that makes me a bad public land hunter or a jerk then I guess thats just me.
                              Last edited by Dahmer; 11-17-2009, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Ive NEVER once seen a "Traveling" Hunter spend the time and cash to travel somewhere and go scouting, herding, whatever means in white t-shirts and blue jeans Ive read on some threads on the net, to go out and try to harvest a deer, Aodad, Moulfon, etc. IMO i'd look closer to home on that deal and no matter what the intent of your earlier post....most would have decifered it the same as Dahmer did. Thats the way I took it as well but was just going to let it go.

Did you think you were the only one that has to deal with frustarating circumstances with out of towners? MY experience has actually been that our OWN locals here in town were the WORST offenders of the rules because they knew the areas better than most and know when and where the authorities usaully patrol the most. Besides the private land I now hunt I have also hunted Public Land of 7,000 acres around San Angelo and had to see it all, but that is public land hunting. If its to much to deal with you need to be in touch with your local Game Wardens and become an advocate for your area to change things. I know both my game wardens and local Lake police Commander well.

Comment

Working...
                                X