Hr8 and hr1446 passed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hr8 and hr1446 passed?

What does that mean for us and doing private transaction of firearms on the site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Means you better hope it falls in the senate, or no more convenient gun sales in the classifieds.. you'll have to introduce a 3rd party into the mix and pay whatever fee the FFL requires, to stay in line with the "law" of course.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chwoodall; 03-11-2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

“When guns are outlawed, I will be an outlaw”

Comment

H.R. 8 would expand retail point-of-sale background checks so as to cover private points-of-sale. This will criminalize an individual who sells a 5-shot revolver to a lifelong neighbor, unless that neighbor first undergoes a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check, conducted by the FBI.

Comment

It's 50/50 split in the Senate. They need 60 votes to push it through. So, some Republicans will have to come on board or they could use Nuclear Option which overrides the 3/5ths vote rule, and a simple majority is all it would take to pass the bill. But it's highly unlikely that would happen. More likely they get some Republicans to come over, but I don't think they have enough......maybe

Comment

Just think of all the damage this will do to all the criminals. What a joke the demonrats are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
              H.R. 8 would expand retail point-of-sale background checks so as to cover private points-of-sale. This will criminalize an individual who sells a 5-shot revolver to a lifelong neighbor, unless that neighbor first undergoes a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check, conducted by the FBI.

Didn’t it go to senate today ?

Comment

This is a tough one. Intuitively, I fight against any intrusion on my right to make private transactions.

On the other hand, if this were made simple, like a name and SSN into an internet form and a quick yes/no by a search button, it makes darn good sense.

Unfortunately it'll probably be a lousy interface requiring a fee and a third party.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                  This is a tough one. Intuitively, I fight against any intrusion on my right to make private transactions.

On the other hand, if this were made simple, like a name and SSN into an internet form and a quick yes/no by a search button, it makes darn good sense.

Unfortunately it'll probably be a lousy interface requiring a fee and a third party.
                  "were from the government, and we're here to help."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

In a nutshell HR8 will end private sales at the very minimum, I’m still digging to see how it affects gifting or passing down to relatives.

HR1446 would extend 3 day wait to 10 days.

We are about to see how much influence the almighty NRA has. It already passed the house with 8 Republicans voting for passage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                      It's 50/50 split in the Senate. They need 60 votes to push it through. So, some Republicans will have to come on board or they could use Nuclear Option which overrides the 3/5ths vote rule, and a simple majority is all it would take to pass the bill. But it's highly unlikely that would happen. More likely they get some Republicans to come over, but I don't think they have enough......maybe
                      why do they need 60 votes and not 51?

Comment

So buy up all the guns you can right now so they can't prove a private transaction in the future wasn't a private transaction prior to passage of the bill? Right? Am I understanding that correctly?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna be plenty of new "criminals" if this goes through. Guess I'll just have to self identify as someone who passed a background check. If you disagree you're a bigot...

Comment

The only way universal background checks will work is with a nation wide gun registry. Otherwise how would they know it had changed hands?

Comment

Universal background checks for all firearms sales leads to registration which leads to confiscation.

Comment

Working...
                              X