No announcement yet.

Tractor buying Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes you can deal on the prices, on the tractor for 65 acres depending on how open it is will be a huge factor on the size. If it’s mostly open I’d be going 90hp but if half and half a 70 would work. I can guarantee you at some point the new wears off and you want to get done what needs done in a timely manner at least on shredding or bailing. That will simply drive a guy mad, I hate shredding personally but I live in equipment so I’m somewhat biased on the situation. I will say go bigger that you think you need, you can grow into one but you can’t make one bigger after you buy a 50 horse to shred 60 acres lol

Comment

Well I thought I needed something in the 40hp range so I was looking at the MX5400 with 54hp. Now it sounds like I need to reconsider.

Thanks for the comments, sounds like I still have more research to do!!

Comment

Like was said before, the property will dictate what you need. My place is in high timber. I have a Kubota 32 HP compact tractor, and sometimes that is too big. If it was wide open and flat I would need as different tractor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff Dog View Post
          Yes get more tractor than you think you need now. You will be glad you did down the road.
          Yes, I bought a 50HP and there have been multiple occasions that I really wish I would have bought a 75ish. Most of the year I like the open air, but from about June to October a cab is REALLY nice.

I bought my Kubota from Normangee Tractor. Great guys to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
            Well I thought I needed something in the 40hp range so I was looking at the MX5400 with 54hp. Now it sounds like I need to reconsider.

Thanks for the comments, sounds like I still have more research to do!!
            Mine is the MX5200, and like I said before, I wish I would have went a little bigger. Definitely go bigger if you are going to be doing a lot of work with the loader. Make sure you get rear remotes and have one ran to the front in case you want to run a grapple. I have a 3rd function on mine which I like when operating the grapple, but my Dad hates it.

Comment

I finally got a place big enough to justify getting a tractor and now I have a few questions for the GS.

I am looking at both new and used, leaning towards a new one so I can get a warranty and just because I like knowing what it has been through.

so my question is about the purchase. Can you deal with a tractor store like we do when buying a new truck or is it one price fits all? Also, do you get different prices from different shops for the same set up?

I am looking at a Kubota and there are about a half dozen dealers within 75 miles of our place.

TIA
              Research what you want... Contact the salesperson at three different dealerships (not 3 diff locations of the same one) and ask them for an out the door quote including any incentives. My best prices have come from WC Tractor and I've bought 3 kubotas plus attachments.

Kubota almost always has rebates at different times of the year when you bundle and they often will offer 84 month 0% financing so you can use someone else's money.

Ask them to throw in your first major service free.

Lastly buy a little more tractor than you think you need. I don't think anyone has ever said, "man, I wish my tractor had less power".

Comment

shredding fields and plowing mainly. Going to add the shredder, blade and auger to the tractor. About 65 acs
                Is the entire 65 fields or are there heavily-treed areas, lakes, creeks, etc. Buy the HP you need for the amount you will actually WORK. My 52 acre property was about 1/2 dense oak and a 2.5 acre lake. I bought a 47HP which was fine for the property since I only shredded about 1/3 of it in total. That's really the big question...

Comment

spec out exactly what you want and blast it to every dealers in the area

Comment

M7060 HD 4x4 is what I would look into. Ive had mine since 2013 and love it. Not to big and not to small.

Comment

Prices were very negotiable when I bought my Kubota. Thousands of dollars difference between dealerships less than 100 miles apart. It pays to shop around.

Comment

I'd pick up an 80's/90's model diesel Ford Tractor, save a bunch of money and call it day. I have a couple and they're absolute work horses. Never any issues aside from usual wear and tear and easy to work on if there is an issue. Ford 4610, Ford 5000, Ford 6400 etc.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Fmjag64; 05-05-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                          Pricing will be slightly different, rates will be dramatically different if financing. For example JD will finance anything on their lot at their rates, Kubota wanted 8% ish on used. I have great credit that was their best. IMHO you want used, pre emissions although new paint is pretty and sometimes you can get 0%
                          X2 on pre emissions not good

Comment

I’m trading in a 7060 cab 4x4 190 hrs tomorrow to WC tractor in Bryan, I ended up getting a new tractor, but I did look at buying used and there are secondary lenders out there with very good rates, I will say this, I shopped 3 dealers and there was not a lot of inventory to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                              Is the entire 65 fields or are there heavily-treed areas, lakes, creeks, etc. Buy the HP you need for the amount you will actually WORK. My 52 acre property was about 1/2 dense oak and a 2.5 acre lake. I bought a 47HP which was fine for the property since I only shredded about 1/3 of it in total. That's really the big question...
                              This is a pretty clean property, pastures and a couple of tanks. Some trees in the front, but limited to a couple of acres

Comment

Kubota has the 0% for 60 months going, but you get hit with about a $4500 insurance premium in there. for a cash purchase, they gave $1500 off.

Comment

Working...
                                X