Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vietnam veteran denied compensation for wartime injuries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vietnam veteran denied compensation for wartime injuries?

Anyone ever been told your ship wasn’t in brown water and only in blue water? His ship did enter brown water and he did see action on land. The records originally claimed the ship he and others were on never touched brown water or land in Vietnam. So they denied compensation for his injuries. Fortunately for him, he had undisputable proof by way of the ship’s yearbook. The ship’s records also showed exactly where they entered brown water.

There are also records somewhere that show what happened to certain men on the ship who took a boat up a river without loaded weapons. They were under orders to carry unloaded rifles. The aftermath I’m told wasn’t pretty.

And yet my father n law can get it for slicing his knee open, while at home in his own back yard! I hate the system

Comment

They give it for Everything these days. He just need to say he has ptsd

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
        And yet my father n law can get it for slicing his knee open, while at home in his own back yard! I hate the system
        Same... I had a friend who was an Air Force linguist. Sat in a classroom every day.

He's been riding a 70+% service connected "disability" for 20+ years because he hurt his back doing "PT."

Comment

Yep.... been there, done that.................
          They said, I had to prove I spent 10 months in the rivers.........
          I ask, you gotta copy of my DD214 ??........
          Actually, I thought it was pretty absurd...............
          It does take some perserverance... But don't give up........
          They always turn you down the first time........FILE AN APPEAL !!!!
          They even told me, my medical records were lost in a fire.....
          yea..... sure....... They lie...... Especially under the present admin......

Comment

An ex-cousin was gettin monthly payments for a leg amputation and for the death of her husband sustained during a motorcycle accident while he was on R&R leave in South Korea. Disliked that girl even more than I dislike my Ex

Comment

My uncle was in Vietnam. He was a Green Beret, which I'm told was voluntary and top secret.

He was in and out of combat zones for 2 or 3 years. Since it was voluntary, there was no official record that he saw combat. My Dad spent years trying to help him and get that extra level of benefits. He was never able to get it.

My uncle finally committed suicide. My Dad never really got over it either.

Comment

The VA is not a friend of Vietnam era vets, that is for sure. For the most part the Army didn't keep very good records back then. No records = no proof for the veteran = no compensation.

They out wait the veteran until they die, average wait after a claim is filed according to the VA is 3-4 months. Ridiculous, didn't take them that long to draft us.

Rant over

Comment

Don't get me started!!! My dad will be 90 in 70 more days. 21 years served. Korean War and Vietnam [emoji1264] War veteran. Exposed to agent orange and on the registry. 25 years ago told flat NO! Fast forward 7+ years ago I picked up the torch. Slow motion!!! Got alot of assistance from TBHers but never got full satisfaction based on his conditions. Many of his old buddies assumed he was 100% decades ago.....nope! I hired a retired VA doctor and resubmitted everything. Got a bump but not 100%. Doc is peeved off at how he is being treated. He even told us, "they are waiting for him to die!" Talk about a kick to the throat.[emoji856] Ironic how that era vet is treated, just sad honestly. We were told his latest fully developed plan is in the expedited section, but that was 6 months ago. Pitiful, but I know God has a certain place below for those that threat others so poorly.[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is why we read about 20+ veterans a day committing suicide. It's a wonder anybody enlists anymore knowing how folks get rode hard and put up wet just to be forgotten by the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      Don't get me started!!! My dad will be 90 in 70 more days. 21 years served. Korean War and Vietnam [emoji1264] War veteran. Exposed to agent orange and on the registry. 25 years ago told flat NO! Fast forward 7+ years ago I picked up the torch. Slow motion!!! Got alot of assistance from TBHers but never got full satisfaction based on his conditions. Many of his old buddies assumed he was 100% decades ago.....nope! I hired a retired VA doctor and resubmitted everything. Got a bump but not 100%. Doc is peeved off at how he is being treated. He even told us, "they are waiting for him to die!" Talk about a kick to the throat.[emoji856] Ironic how that era vet is treated, just sad honestly. We were told his latest fully developed plan is in the expedited section, but that was 6 months ago. Pitiful, but I know God has a certain place below for those that threat others so poorly.[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                      This is why we read about 20+ veterans a day committing suicide. It's a wonder anybody enlists anymore knowing how folks get rode hard and put up wet just to be forgotten by the system.

He got in trouble for refusing to pilot the boat up the river without a machine gun and without ammo. His punishment was to sit in the belly of the ship where it was extremely hot. The men who did go upriver on that boat with unloaded rifles were shot up and or killed. They blamed LBJ for those ridiculous orders.

Comment

We were, locked and loaded 24/7.....................with port and starboard patrols...
                        In a free fire zone, or after dark.....shoot it
                        If it moves......shoot it........
                        If you think, it moved.......shoot it........
                        If you think, it might move...... shoot it.........
                        if it floats.....shoot it.........
                        No full auto.... unless we were fired on...... dang it...........
                        I was young.... and pretty........
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1067 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	24650147

Comment

They sure let y’all have some long hair.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                            I work with several fellas who get quite a bit of compensation from their 4 years in the service. One get 100% and he is a power lifter fireman.
                            Old school guys may be forgotten but the one in the last 15-20 year ain’t.

Comment

Wow that is terrible

Comment

Working...
                              X