No announcement yet.

2015 GMC Trensmission issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP I hate to say it, but I think your SOL & gonna have to replace it. Similar situation here with a 2014 GMC Sierra, converter/transmission crapped the bed @ 103K. I took it to a very reputable transmission shop that handles repairs for the GM city fleet vehicles, they said the same as previous poster regarding the converter grenading & that they have to replace these trannys constantly. Said it's a well known major flaw but GM wont own up to it. That was the 2nd time I got burned on a GM vehicle and the last, paid $3700 to have it fixed & promptly got rid of it.
    Side note, I have an ex that worked at the Arlington plant for nine years & after hearing about the nonsense things that go on there with their unionized waay overpaid employees, as well as their vendors/sourcing, I can honestly see why they don't build them like they used to and am frankly surprised they don't have any more problems than they already do
    Last edited by woodsbound; 04-08-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

If you replace it I would strongly suggest you do some research on the Chevy truck forums or FB groupls and see what they think is a good transmission to replace it with. With how many of these trucks that are out there I would be shocked if the aftermarket has not solved the stock issues.

Comment

Too bad you can't mate up the Chevy with the tundra Trans..
        The main reason I jumped to the jap truck was bc my Chevy kept eating transmissions... the last time it went was the last time I will ever own a Chevy truck sorry

Comment

I’d wager on all that it needs is a filter and fluid change and it will last a good while after that.

You also check tranny fluid while the engine is running.

Comment

Sounds like plenty of guys here are familiar with your problem. I have an Allison transmission and when my Transmission Control Module went out my truck did exactly as you are describing. Maybe something to look into as well because gas engine trans have them also.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
              Too bad you can't mate up the Chevy with the tundra Trans..
              The main reason I jumped to the jap truck was bc my Chevy kept eating transmissions... the last time it went was the last time I will ever own a Chevy truck sorry
              I will never understand how Chevy has still yet to solve the 1/2 ton transmission issues and how Dodge hasn't solved the 3/4 & 1 ton transmission issues.

Comment

GM is fixing it for free. Excellent customer service.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  GM is fixing it for free. Excellent customer service.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  Lol! Whatever...
                  Good for you if they are. They haven’t fixed **** for us out of warranty.

Comment

No wonder GM has to get bailed out. They been fixing junk pickups for free!😂😂

Comment

Working...
                    X