X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36 in Magnolia right now with thunder. Crazy weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our phones are going crazy to get someone out to look at fireplaces..."you mean they can't come out tomorrow??"

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        Central Texas is going to be an absolute nightmare today
        I can confirm. Significant icing is occurring in Northern Wilco. Wasn't bad at 7am but has gotten steadily worse

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          Well house hasn’t made to the top of the Too Do list so I make a tent over the well with a tarp and put a light under it and that works.
          Yea, I tore my well shed down last year when my shop was constructed. Its exposed right now and haven't gotten another built around it yet. I'm going to put some sheets over the well and then slip a sleeping bag over it and rap it in a tarp with bungee chords. I think I got an over sized pop up blind. If so, put that over it and put a heat lamp in there. Should be good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
            I can confirm. Significant icing is occurring in Northern Wilco. Wasn't bad at 7am but has gotten steadily worse
            Just drove home from lh to oatmeal and it was.pretty bad slid around several times. Didnt get above 45 or so and it's only getting worse

Comment

Crews are out in DFW area: from Irving 161 to 121 (plano area), reports are good and we have crews down town dallas, all safe.

My heart goes out to those in the I35 accident.

Comment

It’s been a steady drizzle of rain here in Texarkana. Temps in the 40s

Comment

Man, I have to get some kind of heat source in the well house. Liberty Hill is slated to see 6 degrees or so on Monday. That's a call to action. Propane Mr. Heaters are sold out everywhere so I'm going to have to either run a heavy extension cord or put in a circuit breaker and an electric heater. Ugh.

Comment

If you have to get out here is a pretty good site to check road conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                      You can get electric heat tracing for about $50 too.
                      We need something that radiates for the bottom of the well house.
                      I found something online one time and can't locate it again now .
                      Was a small puck like looking radiant heater, it either plugged in or screwed in the light socket. Was metal construction not one of those light bulb type things.

The 40-60w light bulb works really well though, they just burn out is the problem.

Comment

Those pileups are one of my irrational fears. The videos and pictures terrify me

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                          Man, I have to get some kind of heat source in the well house. Liberty Hill is slated to see 6 degrees or so on Monday. That's a call to action. Propane Mr. Heaters are sold out everywhere so I'm going to have to either run a heavy extension cord or put in a circuit breaker and an electric heater. Ugh.
                          Light bulbs put out a good bit of heat, do you have a light in it, keep it turned on maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Light bulbs put out a good bit of heat, do you have a light in it, keep it turned on maybe.
                            if you can't find a heat lamp anywhere, a clamp on worklight with a 100 watt incadescent bulb will put out adequate heat.

Comment

-6 right now here in Casper and that will be the high for today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Category 5 of a winter storm? God I hope not.

-23 F is the record low for Texas, might break it in the panhandle. Wow

Comment

Working...
                                X