Stage 4 Renal Cell Carcinoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stage 4 Renal Cell Carcinoma

Mom was recently diagnosed with this and the outlook is not looking good. Has anyone had a love one that has tried to treat this? We are fighting time and trying to figure out the best solution. She’s 60 and does not have health insurance so we aren’t sure what direction to turn. Recently met with an oncologist and they recommend immunotherapy and taking opdivo and yervoy but the cost for this treatment is mind boggling.

We’ve also looked at some possible clinics in Mexico, with immunity therapy center being at the top of the list….

My Mom is the lifeline for my family and we are getting pretty desperate at this point. Any advice or tips will be appreciated.

-Kevin

I don't have a clue for you, but I will pray for her and your family. Sorry to read this.

Comment

Prayers Up for The Family.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        X2

Comment

X3

Comment

Prayers up for the family. I was diagnosed with stage 4 renal cell carcinoma in February 2021. My oncologist put me on immunotherapy, Keytruda by infusion every 6 weeks and Inlyta by pill twice a day. I had an MRI and Cat scan in Jan 2022 to check on progress. I did not have any new tumors and the tumors already present had not grown and the largest tumor had shrank by over 50%. I'm on Medicare so don't have any clue about helping with cost. I do know that keytruda has some programs to help with costs.

Comment

^^^

Comment

Prayers for your family Sir.

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. The no insurance part is what’s gonna be tough. My best friend was diagnosed with the same thing, stage 4 in 2020. He cut out all sugars, took some type of dog medicine but also had the immunotherapy and chemo from MDA in Houston. Cost was crazy!! He is doing well and consistently shrinking his tumors. He was also on some clinical trial med. It’s been a long tough road for sure but he tells me now that if he didn’t know he still has it he wouldn’t know. Feels good. It can be done. Prayers for your mom and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayer sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers up for you and your mom sir.

Comment

Prayers up!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment