Anybody still hunt from one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody still hunt from one of these?

I bought this “Swivel Limb” at the TTHA show at least 20 years ago. It was the first stand I remember designed to be hung in a tree without a straight trunk. It’s been in my storage building for at least a decade but I’m fixing to put it to use in a giant spreading live oak on a pig trail. (Unlike 20 years ago, I will only be 6-8 ft off the ground)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a buddy that owns a bunch of them. Thats all he used to hunt out of. Still does I think.

Comment

Crazy dangerous stand. Been a while since I saw one. Just nuts the kind of stuff we used to hunt from.

Comment

I hunted out of one for many years. I am not really sure where mine ended up (probably still hanging in a tree in D'Hanis). For the time they were a good solution to leaning trees.
        I think I may have sold mine to a fellow lease mate when I got off of a lease I was on. I like your idea of only being a few feet off of the ground with it. They may have been a little bit on the dangerous side....

Comment

Piece of hunting history there!

Comment

I agree they are potentially very dangerous if someone was to go high on a tree but at ground level it would seem to be perfect for a ground blind around a tree scenario.

Comment

Wow very cool. Not sure I'd be able to trust it much higher than mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Crazy dangerous stand. Been a while since I saw one. Just nuts the kind of stuff we used to hunt from.
                Back then we bounced without breaking…….well sometimes.

Comment

I remember looking at them and thinking I could build something myself cheaper.
                  We would cut a V out of the ends of a 2x6 and wedge it in a Y in the limbs on those big live oaks with the leaning/sprawling branches.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I always wanted one but never did...thought it was ingenious for deep s. tx hunting as all our native trees grow crooked.

Did anyone ever make an upgraded copycat design??

Comment

Never hunted from one of those. I use Gametamers, which I believe is a better design because it has a floor to put your feet on and you can turn 360*. It is also designed to fit on crooked Texas oak trees!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Like those old Baker climbers made from plywood and cloth straps.

Comment

Never seen anything like it! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Do not hunt out of it anymore, but still have my old one at the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Old school for sure, pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                              X