Question for those that have had heart attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for those that have had heart attacks

Explain how you felt, what were the symptoms.

Sir/Madam,

If you even remotely suspect you may be having a cardiac event, you need to get yourself to an ER immediately. As I recently learned from my father’s having had a stroke, not all of present with the “typical” symptoms are usually seen in the general population.

Comment

What are your symptoms?

Comment

Google the symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          Sir/Madam,

If you even remotely suspect you may be having a cardiac event, you need to get yourself to an ER immediately. As I recently learned from my father’s having had a stroke, not all of present with the “typical” symptoms are usually seen in the general population.
          This. I’ve had 2. One at 49 and one at 54. My symptoms were severe headaches, numbness in left arm and irritating pain in my throat. Almost 9 years later I have no problems. Haven’t seen a Cardiologist in 8 years and no meds. But my way is not for everyone. If in doubt, check it out.

Comment

felt like a cramp in my right arm shooting to the shoulder, just go get your heart checked

Comment

When I experienced a heart attack, about 5 years ago, I had discomfort across the right front shoulder. I was at the deer lease for opening weekend and thought maybe I had slept wrong. Heck, my buddy and I did about a 3 mile hike and I never even got short of breath. Discomfort just never went away. Came back to office on Monday and just had an extreme headache that I could not shake. Around lunch I felt real nauseous so I grabbed a bp cuff and found my bp to be 165 over 125. That was too high! Jumped in my truck, called my wife and told her I thought I was having a heart attack and was going to swing by the house if she wanted to go to the ER with me. (I would not suggest any of those steps above). At the hospital ER, I walked in told them I thought I was having a heart attack ( you NEVER wait in line if you announce this). The rest they handled from there.

Oh, I survived.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Calvin,I've never had a heart attack but from what I understand the symptoms range from numbness in the arm,headache,elephant on your chest even a lower back pain from one guy. If it's you that's having symptoms get your ### to a facility and get checked out. I'd hate to see a good guy go because he waited.

Comment

I had one about the first week of June. My symptoms were just a funny feeling in my chest, a little pressure. Wife drove me to the ER at UT Health in Tyler and they kept me. A day later they put two stents in my heart, said they were 90% blocked.

Comment

Calvin, a friend of mine was in the shower and sent his wife out for antacid tablets cause he was having “very bad heartburn “. When she got back he was dead in the tub. Symptoms manifest differently in different folks. If you even think you have experienced or are experiencing symptoms please don’t rely on us brother.

Comment

About 20 years ago at age 54, I had eaten a steaming big bowl of chili piled with chopped onions the night before washed down with a few bourbons on ice. About 2:00 a.m I started having what I thought was heartburn or acid reflux; could not get back to sleep. No chest pains whatsoever. I simply thought the chili was getting it’s revenge. I got up and drank some water thinking it would help the burning feeling in what I thought was my esophagus. Then. I realized I was really clammy, and my right arm was aching a little. My half awake self remembered that those were symptoms of a heart attack! I woke up my wife, told her to get dressed and take me to the hospital. Sure enough. My heart enzymes reflected that I had a heart attack. The doc put a stent in the next day. I now have 7 stents!

What is making you ask this question?

Comment

Sir/Madam,

This

Do not ignore any potential symptoms you may be having.

At worse, they might catch something before it really be comes an issue, or worse…….

Comment

Thanx guys and gal. Appreciate the responses. Im not having a heart attack. Just wanted to cover this base.

I hate to be crude, but I will describe what happened.
                          I woke up about 10AM(worked nights). Needed to pee, but I couldn't. Finally, to my pleasure I was able to.It took a couple of minutes. No pain anywhere. I don't know if nausea is the right word, but shortly after I peed, I felt like I was gonna vomit. No pain, no dizziness, no sweating, not really nausea, just felt like I was gonna vomit. I was able to keep it down....I hate to vomit and fight to the very end and felt better with in a few minutes. I didn't get pale, no clamminess, none of that. Maybe slight light headed.

Best I can describe, it felt like a knot in my throat. It was hard to swallow, since my body wanted to vomit. After a few minutes that feeling left. No more issues other than being extremely hungry. Its been about 4 hours and no pain or wanting to vomit.

If anybody has experienced this, tell me about it.

Thanx Calvin

Comment

Sir/Madam,

and for the flip side; I have not had one.... but it is in the family gene pool alot.
                            So on two occasions I suspected it just could be happening, just like some have said above. So being the almost smart guy I should be; I went to have it checked out. Easy quick testing by pretty nurses , turned up nothing. Everyone at home is happy, and I got treated like a hero for not waiting and on top of that it didn't cost hardly anything.

so no reason not to get checked out before damage is done.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X