Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Astros players also cheated

All their wins should be taken away.
    If the Astros are allowed to play in 2020, maybe they will lead the league in hit batters

Sry there champ horse is dead no matter how much you continue to beat it

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      He's got a dead bear on his head bruh... he's a troll and he knows.it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        He's got a dead bear on his head bruh... he's a troll and he knows.it.

That’s just good clean comedy there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey look who just woke up! Have another drink bud

Comment

Ok. I’ll bite. And many won’t like what I’m going to say. But here it is.

WHO GIVES A ****???? Seriously....

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I don’t care one bit about the “cheating”. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. It’s part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. It’s part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isn’t played the same anymore. It’s about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you don’t want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
              Here is my $0.02.

you gonna need change back for that ?

Comment

Amen , baseball is entertainment I was entertained. I’m not gonna stop watching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  you gonna need change back for that ?
                  That's alot of change in Pesos

Comment

I’m with that dapper guy lol

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I don’t care one bit about the “cheating”. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. It’s part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. It’s part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isn’t played the same anymore. It’s about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you don’t want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Agree it’s part of the game but where do you draw the line?? I mean it has to stop some where. Apparently it was a well known thing amongst teams. If MLB didn’t do anything it would open the door wide open for more of the same and water down the sport

Comment

Rant over

10000% agree!

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                          I was late getting to the story. I should have checked the Astros thread since TBH has a lot of Houston area traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                            Agree it’s part of the game but where do you draw the line?? I mean it has to stop some where. Apparently it was a well known thing amongst teams. If MLB didn’t do anything it would open the door wide open for more of the same and water down the sport
                            MLB literally turned a blind eye to whole PED epidemic that tainted an entire decade of records, legacies and HOF careers. NOW, they want to make their stand on stealing signs???? We did that starting in Little League.

MLB has zero credibility for rule enforcement or sanctity of the game. Just like the HOF don't mean **** if Pete Rose ain't in it.

Comment

Rant over

Completely agree. They are trying to stop something that they can’t prevent and it’s just part of the game.
                              What pi$$es me off are all the crybabies whining about it.
                              They are just upset their guys weren’t better at doing the same thing because if you believe for one second that ever team isn’t trying to do it then you are just stupid. Instead of wasting all this time on the guys stealing signs why not try to figure out a better way to give and hide the signs. You have to adapt as the game evolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X